Lost my best friend (man's best friend)

by Coffee House Girl 46 Replies latest jw friends

• blindnomore
    blindnomore

I am so sorry. I am sobbing. I am so happy that you had each other.

I have 2 dogs. I don't know what I do without them. I rescued them from the shelter. They rescued me from the Watchtower brutallty.

• Glander
    Glander

I can completely identify with your feelings. No matter how old they get, they are trusting, innocent children and give pure love.

• moshe
    moshe

I am so sorry about losing your best animal friend. I told my wife that when our Silky Terrier dies (he is almost 8, they live to 14-16 years), it will break my heart in two- he is my buddy. When he brings me a toy and looks at me (let's play) I just have to stop and play fetch and keep away with him (I lose) --

Hey, can I have a taste?

• flipper
    flipper

COFFEE HOUSE GIRL- My wife and I send our condolences to you on your loss. I'm so sorry. We lost our 15 yr.old Yancy girl in early June, it's really heartbreaking . Please know our thoughts are with you . Sincerely, Mr. & Mrs. Flipper

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime

Aww, so sorry to hear that. :(

- Lime

• MrsCedars
    MrsCedars

Dear Coffee HG, I am sad with you. My dog is my baby too and thinking of that kind of loss makes me feel heartbroken.

Once you give yourself enough time to grieve, I am sure there is some new friend waiting for you to rescue him/her, and to help your broken heart to heal with it's doggie love.

• ziddina
    ziddina

I am so sorry to hear of the passing away of your dog.

It sounds like you were a very good doggie "parent". He had a good, long life with you, was well-cared for and deeply loved.

The fact that you're going to rescue another doggie, is the best tribute you can pay to your good little buddy's long friendship with you. His presence in your life made you stronger, more loving, more resilient, and willing to take on the wonderful gift of another friend - and to face, eventually, the inevitable sad parting that comes with every animal we love.

I just had to put my little Minx kitty down, too. I'd kept her alive for 6 years, in spite of feline leukemia and thyroid disease. But it finally came time to say goodbye.

I have other kitties to comfort me. May your rescue of another animal who desperately needs your help, comfort you in your loss.

Zid

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

I'm so sorry for your loss. The only thing that gets me through grief like this is to thnk that one pet's passing leaves room for another unwanted animal to have a home. All of my pets have been strays.

• Botzwana
    Botzwana

I just WANT a dog. I have wanted one my whole life! Have always lived in apartments. I thought it cruel to have a dog in such a confined space....Not to mention having to walk it three times a day....wish I had a farm.

• binadub
    binadub

CHG:
    I can relate! I cannot imagine being without pets for long. I have several--most rescued. I've had to have some put down; it's heart-wrenching.
    Most of what I know/believe about love they have taught me. There seems to be a true wisdom in their innocent, non-judging, forgiving affection.

Sincere condolences,
    ~Binadub

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit