Lost my best friend (man's best friend)

by Coffee House Girl 46 Replies latest jw friends

• Coffee House Girl
    Coffee House Girl

Thank you all for your words of condolence and sharing your pet stories with me, it is comforting to read them all and know there are so many animal lovers out there. I think pets do teach us JWs and exJWs the true meaning of pure unconditional love.

I thank you all and I hope to get a pic of my beloved watson up so you can see how cute he was

CHG

• Open mind
    Open mind

So very sorry to hear of your loss, CHG.

Wishing you peace in the days ahead and may you find some comfort in the great memories you made.

om & ms. om

• smiddy
    smiddy

Threads like this bring tears to my eyes

So sorry for your loss CHG , I know what you are going through.

Nobody loves you like a dog does

smiddy

• joyfulfader
    joyfulfader

I have 2 furry canine children and my heart breaks for you. I can't even let my mind go there. They are both rescues and the younger of the 2 has some definite quirks that only endear her more to me. I am so sorry for your loss...

• ambersun
    ambersun

Dear Coffee House Girl, my eyes filled with tears reading your post. I know exactly how you feel, I was with our Golden when he had to be put to sleep and it broke my heart in two. The pain was unbearable. He was nearly 14 years old but we still affectionately called him our 'puppy' . As you say, they love us unconditionally and never judge us like humans. The whole family was inconsolable for a long time and my son couldn't work for a week he was so devastated, he just lay on his bed surrounded by puppy's toys and photos.The sight of my son grieving so badly made my pain even worse to bear.

It will take time to heal, and your lovely dog will always have a very special place in your heart, but you obviously have a lot of love to give to another lucky dog when you feel ready.

My heartfelt love and commiserations to all fellow doggy people on this board who know the pain of losing their best friend, or indeed the pain of losing any beloved pet whatever the species, they are all special.

• cofty
    cofty

This is CoffeeHouseGirl's beautiful dog Watson.

She was having trouble posting the image so I have put it on my Photobucket account.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Aw, what a sweetie...

Lovely of you to post that for her, Cofty.

• Coffee House Girl
    Coffee House Girl

Thanks Cofty! You are my hero of the Day

Thanks again everyone for sharing your furry friend stories, they bring a tear to my eyes too.

CHG

• James Brown
    James Brown

Sorry for your loss.

Dogs are peoples best friends.

I have lost 3 in the past 2 years and I have one dying of cancer as I write.

I had 4 cocker spaniels the father and 3 sons.

The first week after the loss is terrible, the worst.

Then as time passes we return back to the present.

We never forget but it becomes easier to endure and carry on.

• whathappened
    whathappened

So sorry for your loss. You are right. Give it a little time and go adopt another dog and give some other puppy have a great life.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit