Lost my best friend (man's best friend)

by Coffee House Girl 46 Replies latest jw friends

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

I know how that feels when you give a piece of your heart to them it's difficult when they go.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Sorry to hear about your loss. Golden Retreivers are such cheerful, friendly, "people dogs".

I'm guessing your faithful friend would be happy if you found a new pup to befriend.

• somebody
    somebody

((((((((((CoffeeHouseGirl))))))))

Many of us know and have experienced your pain. Our dogs who have passed on will forever remain in our hearts.

peace,

somebody

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

I'm sorry for your loss. I lost my dog to cancer in 2007. I found her abandoned on the highway. She was the best dog,loved playing ball and going for walks.

I was able to adopt another dog,but they all are unique in their own special way. It takes time. Some people are able to get another dog right away,some need more time to grieve.

I know it helped me to donate to a rescue group in honor of the pet I lost. Everyone is different in what helps them.

Again,I'm sorry.

• Simon
    Simon

We know how you must be feeling - our little dog was very ill a few weeks ago and we thought for a time that we'd lose her but thankfully she's pulled through and is recovering.

The thought of losing her and having to make such a tough decision is heart breaking. While you don't want to give up on them you also don't want to refuse to let go when it's time and put them through too much.

Sorry for your loss and hope you have plenty happy memories of him to look back on. I'm sure he appreciated the life you gave him.

• zoiks
    zoiks

I'm very sorry to hear of your loss, CHG. You and your four-legged friend were lucky to have each other for the time that you did. Cherish the memories and the lessons about unconditional love.

After the heartbreaking loss of our buddy a couple of years ago, we are finally ready for another dog and are close to rescuing a sweet girl from our local shelter.

As I've said before, dogs are some of the best people there are.

• stillin
    stillin

some dogs are better than most people. You gave yours a good life, I'm sure.

• james_woods
    james_woods

Condolences - we had a scare last week with my old black lab-dalmation mix.

Turns out he has an auto-immune system disease. The vet gave him some medicine, and he seems to be improved -

But I took him back this morning, and while the tests were better the vet told me it is a serious disease and he may only last a few months or so.

We always miss them very much when they are gone.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Sorry for your loss Coffee House Girl. Dogs are such good friends, real unconditional love. I have a Llasa Apso and she's nearly human, would be lost without her. Hope you fell better soon and can enjoy a new very lucky dog who gets to love you.

Loz x

• Balaamsass

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit