Did You Expect To Live Thru The Great Tribulation & Never Die At All?

by minimus 41 Replies latest jw friends

• panhandlegirl
    panhandlegirl

I always hoped I would make it and did everything in my power to be sure I would survive. When I knew I did not have what it took to survive, I stopped trying and decided I would probably just die. I stopped attending meetings

so that I would not contaminate the cong. WOW! how dumb was that.

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

As a little girl my mother would talk to us all the time about how terrifying the great tribulation was going to be. We would be persecuted, thrown in prison, everyone would turn on us. She also told us that we probably would not have food, so we may have to eat my cat Niki. I knew I could never do that and would have to let Jehovah destroy me.

Happy childhood memories! Thanks Minimus for remembering that little nugget.

• james_woods
    james_woods
    She also told us that we probably would not have food, so we may have to eat my cat Niki.

Good GAWD - how could a sane mother tell that to her little kid?

• fakesmile
    fakesmile

yes and yes. complete with the dream of turning my back on my unbelieving dad being sucked into the ground. oh i wish i didnt just think about that

• Dagney
    Dagney

Amazingly, yes.

And like Magwitch, lots of talk about "the persecution" (TM) and going to prison when the governments "turn on us."

It seems just sick now to hammer that into kids. I worry about the kids whose "enlightened" parent allows them to be brainwashed with this doctrine. Good luck to him.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

On occasion, yes. Generally, however, I never felt "good" enough to survive.

• oldlightnewshite
    oldlightnewshite

I fully expected to be 'interrogated' by some hot nazi-type chicks in leather and jackboots. I knew that my resolve would stiffen. hence I expected to be destroyed by Jeeehoover.

• yknot
    yknot

Oh gawd the stories of torture from various wars and inquisitions that we should expect to happen to us as we suvived!

The one that sticks greatest in my mind is the pliers and fingernail removal .....ahhh good times I mean doesn't every child under 6 grow up hearing that sort of stuff???

• Cagefighter
    Cagefighter

Reading all of the horror crap that we were told as kids. I heard all the same shit. Yet, I could not watch Robocop, it was too violent! BAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWHAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

• mercedes_29
    mercedes_29

I never thought I would make it. In fact I only thought about three people from my old congo would make it. I knew I didn't do enough and never would be good enough. I was also terrified of being tortured and watching as my friends and family die and are eaten like carrion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit