Did You Expect To Live Thru The Great Tribulation & Never Die At All?

by minimus 41 Replies latest jw friends

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

I've found a bible prophecy and also statement which is interesting regarding the belief of humans never dying at all............

Is 28:10, 13, 15 - it's speaking of a people who are giving command upon command and to them teh word of jehovah is command upon command , measuring line upon measuring line (meetings, field service, etc). In vs 15 it then speaks of them having 'concluded a covenant with death, that they made a lie their refuge. (would never dying be considered that?)

Because Hebrews 9:27 says its appointed for man TO DIE, ONCE, and then a judgement.

1 Pet 1:3-5 speaks of being resurrected to an incorruptible and undefiled

And the scriptures speaking of being born again, if this flesh body/life dies and a rebirth in a new body.

Anyway just someone trying to find a way to make sense and an explanation for tying scriptures and such together and having seen and combined those scriptures, those are my thoughts as a possible truth to what they are saying.

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

Hell, yes, I believed it. I was drinking the Kool-Aid with gusto.

http://scottleblog.wordpress.com

The Odd Life of Jehovah's Witnesses

• minimus
    minimus

It's funny: when it DOES hit us, we feel so stupid and used.

• Quendi
    Quendi

I certainly believed I would survive the tribulation and possess everlasting youth. I have a preterist outlook on biblical matters now and my expectations have changed, but the Witness view certainly gave me warm and fuzzy feelings for many years.

Quendi

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

Used by whom? Who do you blame?

Individual responsibility is rough, but people need to look in the mirror and accept their role in allowing themselves to be fooled by foolishness. There's a lot of it out there, but there's no law that people have to accept it, or be a gullible victim to every scam that comes down the turnpike selling a seductive message.

• apostatethunder
    apostatethunder

I was always very afraid of the Great Tribulation and of being persecuted. This thing about not giving our brother’s names….there were a couple of them I would give without a second thought along with their addresses.

Am I evil?

• minimus
    minimus

Why, yes, King Solomon.

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Yes Min, I really did.

I thought the end would come between 1999-2001, simply because it was the turn of the Millenium.

I remember getting my copy of the Daniel book in the summer of '99, reading it on the way home in the coach and feeling that the end is imminent.

And that was 13 years ago!

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

OF COURSE I DID! I was taught "from infancy" that I would!

Only when I was doing the dirty deed and other dastardly things did I worry that I would not qualify. GUILT GUILT GUILT

Now I know I'm going to die. I'm not sure after that.

Doc

• smiddy
    smiddy

Yes of course I beleived it,why else would I stick around for 37 years bringing my wife, children, sister in-law ,her children,nephews into this religion ?

smiddy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit