Did You Expect To Live Thru The Great Tribulation & Never Die At All?

by minimus 41 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

I looked it like it did with my non-jw abusive father and later with the elders and so-called righteous ones in the congregation. They were not in charge of judging me, only God and Jesus and I saw them as way more forgiving and could actually see what was in my heart and mind. Later it was part of the foundation for why I left without fear that I would die, that these people did not have God's backing and were misrepresenting him big time.

• minimus
    minimus

Mag, kitty ain't so bad.

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

Min, tastes like chicken right?

• minimus
    minimus

lol meow

• flipper
    flipper

Up until about age 30 in the late 1980's I felt Armageddon would happen. I tended to believe I'd survive it, felt it was real. But by the time it got into the 1990's I started really seriously doubting it. One reason is because everybody in the JW's kept telling me when I was a teenager in the 1970's " Oh Flipper, you're so lucky, you won't have to get married or raise children in this wicked system . Isn't that a blessing !!! ??? " So I started seeing what BS it was because by the time I was in my 30's I had 3 children already at preschool age. So I seriously started doubting when it was 75 years since 1914. I thought, " this is a joke , and the jokes on us as Witnesses ".

But out of fear of my then fanatic JW wife, I kept my doubts to myself, and also because all my family were JW's still in it. It's different now in 2012- I have 4 out of 8 nieces and nephews out of the cult including my son and myself - so gradually the family is exiting- the younger generation. I now try to live my life to the full each day in the here and now- there is no such thing as Paradise. We gotta make our paradise in this present life. I really felt relieved actually discovering the whole Armageddon thing was a sham to keep us in fear. Now I don't fear anything anymore ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Mall Cop
    Mall Cop

1969 A knock on the door leads to a Bible study. 1970 leads to getting baptized for me. 1971 leads to getting baptized for my wife. 1972 leads to our first son being born. 1973 leads to our second son being born. 1974 leads to 1975 and the arrival of The Great Tribulation......it did not happen and as of the present date 2012 has not happened. i think it will never happen and one generation will pass on to another generation, on and on it will go until????????

Yes I expected to live on a paradise earth forever with my family. The motivating factor was the survival of my family which I still carry up to the present time and as long as I am alive. Isn't that what parents are supposed to do? Loving Jehovah, Jesus and anyone else had nothing to do with my survival for my family. Unknown at the time it was evolutionary instincts that made me do what I did for my family back in 1969---until 2001 when finally I had enough and did the fade.

Blueblades

• Mall Cop
    Mall Cop

1969 A knock on the door leads to a Bible study. 1970 leads to getting baptized for me. 1971 leads to getting baptized for my wife. 1972 leads to our first son being born. 1973 leads to our second son being born. 1974 leads to 1975 and the arrival of The Great Tribulation......it did not happen and as of the present date 2012 has not happened. i think it will never happen and one generation will pass on to another generation, on and on it will go until????????

Yes I expected to live on a paradise earth forever with my family. The motivating factor was the survival of my family which I still carry up to the present time and as long as I am alive. Isn't that what parents are supposed to do? Loving Jehovah, Jesus and anyone else had nothing to do with my survival for my family. Unknown at the time it was evolutionary instincts that made me do what I did for my family back in 1969---until 2001 when finally I had enough and did the fade.

Blueblades

• Mall Cop
    Mall Cop

Opps double hit for emphasis! lol.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I thought it would be "as a group". Meaning I could do more work, just so the group could survive. That is the kind of collectivism I don't want. If my faith would ensure the group would make it through but not me (and on my terms at that), I would simply do a big fat "Hail Satan!" right in front of them and renounce the butt-holy spirit.

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

So, has the great tribution begun yet? No? Well, hope springs eternal, I guess... Maybe tomorrow will be when things really start going to Hell in a hand-basket? :)

James woods said:

Good GAWD - how could a sane mother tell that to her little kid?

I think you answered your own question there? :)

Cop said:

The motivating factor was the survival of my family which I still carry up to the present time and as long as I am alive. Isn't that what parents are supposed to do?

It's befuddling why so many parents allow that same exact instinct to be manipulated by others, allowing themselves and their family to engage in actions that offer EXACTLY the opposite result, eg blood transfusion, phobia paranoia against education, etc. JWs are have more in common with survivalists and militia-members than they'd care to admit, except they're not allowed to carry guns. ;)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit