Why would Jehovah wait so long?

by schnare 47 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• King Solomon
  • Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

Jehovah has always existed and always will. The amount of time that man has been on earth is tiny in comparison.

For us we only ever endure for about 80 years. Once our bodies die we would have our reward instantly as time wouldn't exist unless we were conscious of it. So everyone has their judgement when they die.

Whether God brings armageddon or not we will all die with in a short period of time.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep
    I wish I could reason with my mother with this thought.

Don't.

Just ask her to do the reasoning and provide explainations for any logical falacies she tries. You shut up except to keep her talking.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

The answer can be found in Genesis chapter 3. The Creator's name was slandered by Satan when he told the perfect woman Eve that she did not have to obey her God. In fact, the biggest lie he told her was that she would become just like God Himself. Therefore, she could live without His direction.

Jehovah then answered the challenge, not by instantly destroying Adam, Eve, & Satan, but by providing the remedy for death through sin by means of Christ's ransom sacrifice (Matt. 20:28) and at the same allowing Satan the opportunity to either prove or discredit his claim that humans can live without their Creator.

The following Scriptures clearly show that Satan and his demons are governing the earth. (and not successfully either) Luke 4:6; John 12:31; John 14:30; Ephesians 2:2; 2 Corinthians 4:4; 1 John 5:19; Revelation 12:9.

As for the statistics showing that tens of millions more reject Christ's ransom sacrifice than accept it, so therefore God is going to wipe out more and more people - very true!! But read 1 John 3:10-12.

People have/are being offered the benefits of Christ's sacrifice to live on a decent earth - but they are not being forced to accept it. They have a choice.

When this takes place, no one knows the exact time, but can anyone here over the age of 30 honestly say that they believe that the political, religious, commercial, and environmental systems are as good as they were decades ago?

Ask most experts in those disciplines - science and technology are hijacked and used to benefit governments first and foremost - not mankind in general.

Try taking out a patent on an invention which would provide free/cheap energy, and see what would happen.

• mP
    mP

@TheSearcher

The concept of sin does not exist in the OT, the NT authors simply made that up. If im wrong please show me where it says God will send his son to die to pay for our sin or something similar.

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

Why would Zues wait so long?

Why would Isis wait so long?

Why would Roma wait so long?

LOL, they are waiting for someone to write a new myth about them... then they will come to life again.

Any modern book about Bible archaeology or respected Bible commentary will have enough clues for anyone to start to see that the Hebrew god never existed.

• Nambo
    Nambo

Seems people here want God to come and kill a load of babies so that they can hate him even more for the miserable life the JWs gave them.

Jonah gives a picture of a man getting angry because God didnt come down and kill every body, God answered that he didnt have to as they repented, this tells me that God doesnt want to go around killing people unneccecarily.

When he does act, it will be because conditions here on Earth have gotten so bad, that as the scripture says, "unless he cut those days short, no flesh would be saved".

So, at the moment, lifes not so bad that God has to step in with his KIngdom of salvation which will also include his judgement.

But when things get so bad that the world ends on mans account, rather than Gods, say they start a Nucleur war using Iran as an excuse for instance, or if Babylon the Greats One World Government starts killing off Christians because they wont worship the Beast,

Then God acts, when his salvation of his own peoples are threatened by the actions of the ungodly.

Whats the scripture that says when they touch you its as if they are touching my own eye?

Otherwise I belive if things went on as they are, he would never act, because he doesnt want to "murder" people, but he does know that there will come a time when he has no choice.

• Heaven
    Heaven

which means just having to kill more unbelievers

Jehovah likes to kill. The more the merrier. It's in the Bible:

" Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the Lord your God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation" – Exodus 20.5

"The Lord is a man of war; Yahweh is his name." – Exodus 15.3.

"I form the light, and create darkness. I make peace, and create EVIL. I the LORD do all these things." – Isaiah 45.7.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Kind of redundant to let the world populate then have most of the inhabitants whacked.

Like they say god works in mysterious ways.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

It takes that long to waste people's whole lives. It is a continual emergency, but one that could take whole lifetimes to come. Otherwise, people could spend the time studying the original religion (Satanism) and begin practicing it. You would get spiritually empowered people, and when the messiah came to enslave them, they wouldn't want it. Not only that, but they would be able to fight back. Otherwise, I believe Jehovah should have had the whole issue settled within a couple of years, not 6000+.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit