Why would Jehovah wait so long?

by schnare 47 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cult classic
    cult classic

schnare- You said you didn't believe any of it. There is no explanation for it in the bible. Other than what Iamallcool mentioned. I forget the exact scripture.

still t - When I was a kid, I asked my dad, "If I grow up and the new system still isn't here, doesn't that mean that it's not coming?". He said, "No, it means that it is closer than ever!" So yeah, a meeting with him is definitely in order.

schnare - it's 2nd Pet 3:9

• still thinking
    still thinking
    still t - When I was a kid, I asked my dad, "If I grow up and the new system still isn't here, doesn't that mean that it's not coming?". He said, "No, it means that it is closer than ever!" So yeah, a meeting with him is definitely in order.

Well I hope he gets back to me before I'm dead and know nothing at all cult classic. THAT would be a waste of some brilliant ideas.

• schnare
    schnare

2 Peter 3:9

9 The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patientwith you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

What is the sense in being patient, when waiting just means that more people are going to be murdered. If he didn't want anyone to perish, than he should've done it when there were less people and more believers.

• cult classic
    cult classic

I agree schnare. The bible says that God's ways are higher than ours. Your argument just shows that isn't true. Thus, one of the many reasons I no longer believe in God as he's explained in the scriptures.

LOL stillt - I hear ya.

• Aware!
    Aware!

I've never understood this either and have been wanting to start a thread on crazy conjectures. I actually have one right now that sounds good. Who wants to hear it?

• wolfman85
    wolfman85

I believe in God and Jesus, but all I know is that I know nothing. I wonder if Jesus paid for our sins nearly 2000 years ago, why God has not yet accredited the payment that His Son did for us? The explanations that He is allowing the repentance of many seems to me illogical. More than 1/4 of a million are born every day and the hundreds of thousands who are born will always be people who are interested in God, which would make this argument in an infinite wait. I still believe in God, but I do not understand Him.

• cult classic
    cult classic

I'll bite. Whatcha got Aware?

• Healthworker
    Healthworker

Hello!

You can read about it in the first chapters in the Bible. Man chose his own path and must get a chance to be succsesful!

Why interfer now? Things are getting better. Would that give man a fair chance?

• Aware!
    Aware!

Okay, so here's my crazy conjecture. I read that genetically modified foods (well I don't know if all GM foods, I've only read of soy so far) are linked to sterility and infant mortality in hamsters, and approx. 10% of the world's crop lands that were planted in 2010 were GM crops . So if the percentage of GM crops planted increases, along with mankind ruining the earth, cancer, disease, antibiotic-resistant bacteria strains, etc., there will pretty soon be less and less people. That’s all I got so far. I still don’t know how everyone is going to receive the message of the Good News.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jeffrey-smith/genetically-modified-soy_b_544575.html

• cult classic
    cult classic

Now that is some conjecture if I ever heard any. LOL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit