Why would Jehovah wait so long?

by schnare 47 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• schnare
    schnare

Jehovah's Witnesses and many other religions believe jesus will return or has returned (invisibly ). If Jehovah was actually planning an armageddon, then why is he waiting so long? I think, that it's an obvious fact that the world's population is constantly increasing. Why would you wait so long, which means just having to kill more unbelievers? It's been over 2000 years now. What is he waiting for? I should also mention that I don't believe in any of this though. I wish I could reason with my mother with this thought.

• still thinking
    still thinking

He's wating until we populate some more planets...could be a while before he returns 'visibly'.

Until then...you can talk to the hand...I mean...his right hand man.

• cult classic
    cult classic

Religious beliefs and expectations don't usually follow a logical pattern. And from what I've read in the Bible, Jehovah likes killing people.

Reading up on cults and member behavior might help you reach your mom. Combatting Cult Mind Control by Stephen Hassan is a good place to start.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

He does not desire anyone to be destroyed but to repent.

• still thinking
    still thinking

More populated planets....more people to kill..........makes sense to me cult classic

• cult classic
    cult classic

StillT - sounds like a plan.

Iamallcool - that sham of a scripture popped into my head too.

• schnare
    schnare

I would be curious to hear some explantions from people who actually still believe in the bible on the forum.

• still thinking
    still thinking

Yeah..I've got lots of ideas cult classic.....when he gets in touch I think we should brain storm.

• still thinking
    still thinking
    I would be curious to hear some explantions from people who actually still believe in the bible on the forum.

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

The answer YHWH gave to Job was a classic non-answer to the ol' theodicy question: "WHERE were YOU when I did so-and-so?", where he verbally stripped down pitiful Job. God then said, "I don't owe you an answer, because I work in mysterious ways that are so beyond your puny brains capability to comprehend, so you just better accept it!"

Never-mind that YHWH listed a number of feats in creating the Universe that are just plain-ol' bog silly, to anyone who understands modern science/meterology/astronomy, etc.

There is no rational answer to why God would wait (although that doesn't stop apologetists from trying!). People have tried to stretch out the usefulness of the Bible well beyond it's "use by" expiration date, but fortunately man has surpassed it's moral principles without it's "help".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit