Anonymous have Bethelite info

by snare&racket 53 Replies latest jw friends

• james_woods
    james_woods
    Bear in mind that Anonymous (or whoever the group is) is supposedly trying to get some attention over this. There are plenty of XJWs who are cheering them on and trying to support their efforts to get attention over this. That could be someone's motivation for sending that message out. Maybe they're hoping it will make the news that Anonymous has broken into Hushmail and the news will then mention the WTS pedo cases in the message?
    I'm honestly not sure about the whole Anonymous story. I will reserve judgment until something actually gets released.

What Isaac said above makes a great deal of sense. I have had great reservations about the whole Anonymous thing from the git-go.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Any old douche bag with a 486 and windows 1.1 can say they are anonymous or working for them. I think this is some douche kid that has got hold of the email list from somwhere. Anonymous is anyone that wants to claim to be anonymous.

After some thought I think this is all they have, a list of old emails from the UK branch. The email is clearly not from a JW and the writing is bad which makes me think its a kid.

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

Was the image embedded in the message or did it need to download it from an external server?

If external, than the server would get the IP address of the machine requesting the image. That could then be used to probe for security vulnerabilities.

It may be a phishing attempt by Anonymous to crack into the society.

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

paralip said:

Was the image embedded in the message or did it need to download it from an external server?

If external, than the server would get the IP address of the machine requesting the image. That could then be used to probe for security vulnerabilities.

It may be a phishing attempt by Anonymous to crack into the society.

Yeah, the old advice about never opening an attachment came to mind, as it's likely the OP installed a trojan onto his system.... Regardless, it seems a crude attempt, as an experienced hacker would not be so obvious as to say "This is Anonymous!" and then try to do that stuff.

BTW, you probably are already aware that Anon is simply anyone who claims to be a part of it: that includes flunkies with 486's and dial-up modems who have LOIC software loaded up.

• JeffT
    JeffT

I haven't been paying much attention to this thread, I'll wait and see what happens.

However I'm reminded of a self-depreciating joke that a friend in my AA meetings likes to repeat: he realized he needed to get his ego under control when he realized he was trying to be a big shot in an anonymous community.

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

Hello Snare! I did an internet search and the email address of [email protected] appears to be someone from Sweden who has a nickname/moniker of M84Hbg SE.

Here is his profile on his Flikr account. The following links shows a picture of him as well as some other pics of a cruise ship, etc. Here and Here.

Also, go to the comments section Here, and you will see a couple of comments he made to someone else's Flikr account.

I also found his Twitter account, which is located Here.

His profile page for 2nd Universe is listed Here

If you would like to see other links to more web pages, I am giving you the Google search results Here

If that's not enough, I have provided the Search results for the email addy you provided Here

I hope that this is helpful in finding out who sent you the email. You will easily find out who he is, and it appears that he is a JW.

Cheers!

PS. This is all public domain info, so I am not breaking any forum rules by posting the above. Thanks

• Dold Agenda
    Dold Agenda

May Jehovah GOD continue to bless your hard
    work serving his 'household'. / sinceraly yours
    Brother in faith from Sweden cirquit 14:2

Hello Snare! I did an internet search and the email address of [email protected] appears to be someone from Sweden who has a nickname/moniker of M84Hbg SE.

Will see if i find something out of this.

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

Snare, I found a little more info by looking at his pages. It appears that he somehow IS related to the group "Anonymous" as you will see when you closely examine some of his tweet updates, etc. He does also appear to be asscociated somewhat and somehow with JW's.

His name can be found in a couple of the links I provided (Especially on the 2nd Universe page), but I won't list it here according to posting guidelines. If you can't find it, PM me, and I will let you know.

I am sorry that people didn't believe you and called BS on you before they even bothered to check into it for themselves. The email you received is very interesting, and hopefully Anonymous finds the database of pedo's so that they can expose the WTBTS. I would love to see how they try to squirm their way out of that one!

Thanks!!!

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

Uh. If hacker dude were half-way competent, you wouldn't be tracking him down that easily. For all you know, it planted evidence (a false flag) or a hijacked ID, so whatever you find is likely BS, inconclusive....

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Alright, I wil bite. What is hush mail?

Bethel directories must be plentiful. Law firm directories were purchased by head hunting groups. Without the Internet, such info may be available. Also, if the organization (Wt) uses a consistent email, it is easy to piece together.

Anonymous may be one person garnering a lot of publicity. Conti's damages will hurt the society more than a cyberattack. Also, a cyberattack makes them victims and sympathetic. It is illegal.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit