1975/Armageddon!

by somebody 23 Replies latest jw friends

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

That is amazing. About the most direct statment for the date of Aramageddon that I have ever heard. I will load it at http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/1975.php

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I've heard that from Kiwi COs during that era. Old time JWs try to deny it, but they have the stunned mullet look in their eyes because I have just reminded them of something they heard themselves from the same CO.

The copy I have I couldn't understand any better on my best system. There is one bit of garble at 12 seconds that I just can't pick up. It sounds like he gets tongue tied, or the tape is spliced. Maybe my brain is just too slow to pick it up ... maybe it's just cos I ain't from Kansas, LOL. Can anyone transcribe it?

Check your local yellow pages. Someone might be offering a tape tp mp3 service at reasonable prices. The gear to do it is getting pretty cheap now.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Hi Black Sheep....Yeah I noticed that audio anomaly at 0:12 and thought it sounded a bit like a splice, but there are no digital discontinuities in the wave form. It rather sounds like a brief hiatus that gives the impression of a break (notice that there is an echo that you can hear on either side of the pause); perhaps because the tape is so old, the tape doesn't move smoothly through the cassette and got stuck for a split second. Or maybe the analog signal on the tape dropped out here for a split second. That might be another reason to get a new digital recording of the audio, with the hope that it gives a cleaner sound at this important part of the audio.

The speaker right after this also might have stumbled on his words...I'm not sure.

A really rough attempt at a transcript (uncertainties marked in red): "So Jehovah's word is in your mouth. This good news must be preached first before Armageddon. There is going to be now a remaining few months, not really a uh full 83 months remain. So let's be faithful and confident and we'll be alive beyond the war on Babylon. We'll be alive beyond the war of Armageddon. Yes, brothers and sisters, by doing this, having plenty to do, we will be alive in God's [0:31, recording seems to be degraded here] new system of things, to live and share in the work for a thousand years, and there will be plenty to do for the next one thousand years."

• Pallbearer
    Pallbearer

Leolaia and Black Sheep,

I don't know why you're having the trouble you are with the recording. When I download it and listen to it, it is clear and understandable. Also, if you go to the JW forum at CARM and click on my thread that is named "Download: Less than 83 month's to Armageddon, says a District Overseer", you will find in my post there where I transcribed what the DO said.

You can rest assured that the tape has NEVER been spliced. I should know because I was the one who recorded it, and it's never been in anyone else's possession all these years.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit