1975/Armageddon!

by somebody 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Pallbearer
    Pallbearer

A tip: If you do choose to download the file from sendspace.com, click ONLY on the box that says " Click here to start download from sendspace ". There are a number of confusing places to click, so avoid the confusion by clicking only the box I referred to. The right box has a blue background, with blue lettering. If you click the wrong "Download" or "Play" or "Play Now" button you will download things you aren't asking for.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

http://www.sendspace.com/file/jkkdrw

The sound is amazing too, after all these years and he recording it so well

The copy I got from sendspace is pretty rough, like the tape had been mangled. Some of the word were impossible for me to get.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

That's awesome, thank you for sharing.

I would really like to get a copy of the entire talk, or the entire recording. Is it possible to digitize the entire thing? This is an important and rare historical record.

• Pallbearer
    Pallbearer

Hi Leolaia,

I think I do have the entire talk on the cassette that I extracted the part from. I will have to check to see if it's complete from beginning to end. I don't think that I've listened to the complete thing since the day I recorded it.

However, I'm not sure if I would have a way to share the entire thing since it would require so many MGs. The file you listened to was about 4MGs. I no longer have the means to make a copy of a cassette, although I once did have a copier. Seems that the cassettes are all but extinct.

The way I made that MP3 was to play the cassette into a microphone that feeds into my recording studio, then it converts it to a MP3 if I choose. I'm not sure but I think I might be able to make a CD that way, of the entire thing. I would need your mailing address to get it to you, of course.

Let me know if you would be interested in doing that if I find that it can be done. Of course I wouldn't charge you anything as long as no one exploited it for profit.

• Pallbearer
    Pallbearer

Hey Black Sheep,

I just downloaded it again from sendspace and it was crystal clear. Don't know why you're having trouble getting it. Sorry about that.

• Pallbearer
    Pallbearer

Hey 3rdgen,

I don't know if Mr. Duggan's name was "Lester" or not. I suspect that it's the same person.

Thanks for sharing what you knew about him.

• Pallbearer
    Pallbearer

I also thank "somebody" (Gwen) for taking the time out of her life to start this thread, a thread that I intended on being anonomous in.

I'm priviledged to have her as my acquaitance and friend, even as far back as the days of H20 (as she mentioned). And, as I'm sure that you all here will agree, isn't she pretty!

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

That's strange. I'll try it on another computer.

This is an important piece of history and and I think a copy of the full talk would be invaluable.

The bit rate wouldn't have to be 320kpbs for a public talk, so it could be a much smaller file than you think. I have a 24 minute talk at 64kbps that is only 11 meg & the quality is fine.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Yeah, all you need to do is use a lower bitrate. I think 96kbps would be ideal....maybe even 64. Some people even have talk-oriented audio at something as low as 30kbps or less, but that is not advisable with an old recording where the quality is not that great to begin with. 320kbps really is only necessary for quality musical recordings. Then you can upload it at a manageable size.

BTW, I would strongly suggest using a line-in cable instead of playing-over-air and recording with a microphone; there would be a lot less degradation of sound quality.

Thank you for providing this, this stuff is really fascinating!

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

I got the sendspace copy, so good deal.

I have a cassette to USB unit for converting those audios, but I could not ask someone to part with their only cassette of something that unique.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit