1975/Armageddon!

by somebody 23 Replies latest jw friends

• somebody
    somebody

Greetings all!

An old acquaintance way back from the H20 discussion board days has given me a link to a talk given at an assembly by the then District Overseer Duggan, that he had recorded on a cassette tape. Amazingly, he still had the tape and made it into and MP3 file and has shared it. The sound is amazing too, after all these years and he recording it so well. The talk was given on November 24th of the year 1968. Listen and you’ll hear the DO state that there is “not really a full 83 months” left till the battle of Armageddon. Listen to it and do the math, and it will bring you to October 1, 1975. Which is exactly what the DO said. The assembly was held at Pampa, Texas, on Saturday the 23rd and Sunday the 24th in 1968.

I have that person’s permission to share it here with you all. God bless him and many thanks go out to him!!

Here is the link and once there,click where it says "District_Overseer_Duggan_s_remark_about_amount_of _time_remaining_Assembly"

Then scroll down to the bottom of the page and click "Download" underneath where it says "Slow Download".

http://www.filefactory.com/f/6c8f2a28665af817/

Edited to say that the link isn't clickable. Can anyone help me by making it clickable?

peace,

somebody/gwen

• cofty
    cofty

Thanks for posting this.

Click here

• somebody
    somebody

And thank YOU cofty, for fixing it !!

• finally awake
    finally awake

And I bet DO Duggan has died of old age LOL Armageddon LOL

• somebody
    somebody

Well if he did die of old age, he died of natural death.

That's my view anyway.

peace,

somebody

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Looks interesting, but that site won't serve up the file and it trolls me to upgrade.

• Pallbearer
    Pallbearer

@ kurtbethel,

I followed Gwen's instructions exactly, and had no trouble at all downloading the file.

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

I had the same problem as kurtbethel. I assume this talk was given by Lester Duggan? If so, He served my ca. cong as a CO in the early 70's. He and his wife Aggie ate dinner at our house and we worked with them in FS. I liked them more than most traveling overseers they were very appreciative of our hospitality and sent a thank you as well.

Unfortunately, he bought into the 1975 hypeof the WT$. His wife died first. She was hardly cold and he remarried a sister 1/2 his age. He died years ago.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

This page is getting a lot of hits, so filefactory will have quite a que.

If someone who already has it, puts a copy on http://www.sendspace.com/ that would help.

• Pallbearer
    Pallbearer

I just now put a copy of it on "sendspace.com" as you requested. The link for downloading it is: http://www.sendspace.com/file/jkkdrw

----------

I noticed that the link I gave is not clickable. I can't figure out how to make it clickable. Someone help please.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit