Why did you become a Jehovah's Witness ?

by Gnosis 70 Replies latest jw experiences

• Kojack57
    Kojack57

Being a young man at the age of 16, I like a fool got baptized. Didn't want to die in 1975 at Armageddon. Their was so much talk about it coming by elders and rank and file that is scared the bejesus out of me. WHAT A SUCKER I WAS!!!!

Kojack

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Childhood indoctrination.

Growing up, I always felt like an alien looking in on life around me.

• lightreturns
    lightreturns

I have an aunt that introduced me to the religion early on. My mother allowed her to take me to attend meetings, eventhough I never wanted to go. I had resentment towards my aunt for this very reason. Basically I lived as a Jehovah Witness without being baptized, as my mother now believed it. My aunt suceeded in getting another aunt to join,then they both worked on guilt tripping me. They worked on my mother, who would inturn work on me even more increasing the anxiety. Next thing I know,C.O. knocking on my door saying that my aunt sent him, my mistake was letting the guy in lol. I can honestly say that I got baptized 4 years ago due to family pressure. At the moment of baptism my mind blanked, so my mother guided me in water knowing that I had last minute doubt. Basically right now she is catching hell for manipulating the situation while I was in a zombie like state.

• Glander
    Glander

They baptized me when I was eleven. kersplash! Done deal.

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

I believed it was the truth.

• rather be in hades
    rather be in hades

this is slightly off topic, bt is it just my eyes? or is stillin's avatar squating down and having a bm?

more on topic, i'm wondering how many people were baptized at 16? i think i saw a couple on this thread and i was baptized at 16 as well

• stillin
    stillin
    Post 243 of 248
    Since 7/4/2012

this is slightly off topic, bt is it just my eyes? or is stillin's avatar squating down and having a bm?

sorry about my lack of modesty. This may be a little off-topic, but I wish it was easier to change my stinking avatar!s

• Fernando
    Fernando

3rd generation born-in - no prior reality, or reference points.

After 4 decades, I was asked to explain what the gospel is in a single word. This was the beginning of a 3½ year journey and spiritual awakening.

In time I began to realise that the gospel and religion are secretly opposite, hostile, and irreconcilable enemies.

I chose the gospel and rejected all religion.

I now identify as SBNR (Spiritual But Not Religious).

• Conan The Barbarian
    Conan The Barbarian

Forced into it by my Mother. After years of association it became ingrained, my only socialization with other humans, and slowly many relatives involved so there was no way out.

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

I was a 5th generation. I thought I was so lucky to have been born in the "truth" with so much family JW support. I was baptized at TWELVE. My critical thinking skills were not all that great at TWELVE. It took me until 18 to become inactive and 23 to disassociate.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit