Why did you become a Jehovah's Witness ?

by Gnosis 70 Replies latest jw experiences

• Gnosis
    Gnosis

Why did you become a Jehovah's Witness ?

Initially upon entering the religion what were the positive things you experienced ?

How did that particular way of thinking both benefit and harm you ?

And what was it that lead you to leave the religion ?

If you didn't convert and were raised in the religion what was it like being raised as a Jehovah's Witness ?

• watson
    watson

Had no choice.

• Gnosis
    Gnosis

@Watson could you tell me a little bit about your experience with the organization ?

How long were you involved with the organization and did you ever get baptized ?

• Resistance is Futile
    Resistance is Futile

Why did you become a Jehovah's Witness? You answer first Gnosis, I'm shy.

• Gnosis
    Gnosis

@Resistance is Futile

Me ? Never did become a JW. From what I've been reading about the religion it's probably good that I didn't. A JW did knock on my door years ago to visit a member of the household. She came back for several months and I usually got the magazine that came with the meeting or study. I liked the artwork...but didn't read much of the literature that came by.

• Wilfried
    Wilfried

No choice ! As my mother said "If you are not baptized, it will be too late [I will die]"

FUCKING SECT !.... ....

• rather be in hades
    rather be in hades

my mother and the 'friends' brainwashed me.

• heathen
    heathen

I plead temporary insanity .

• yknot
    yknot

born jw.....

what was it like? .....like an alien resident in ones own hometown/non-jw family.

most of us had parents who took the "not part of the world" serious...

smurf stories abound....

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I didn't.

I was raised by full on need greaters, but never could bring myself to join. Dad had some silly answers to sensible questions and the church had silly rules that were not supported scripturally...

... and that Jehovah was such a bad tempered bastard that I couldn't get my head around the notion that I was supposed to love this prick or he would kill me.

... and Jehovah never bothered to show up in 1975 to stop His People from looking like just another bunch of Doomsday nutters of no consequence.

... and then I realised that kiwis couldn't swim....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit