Anthony Morris III shares his thoughts on eternity...

by cedars 65 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• 3Mozzies
    3Mozzies

I think this pretty much sums him up . . .

3M

• cedars
    cedars

ScenicViewer - the "collector's edition" Stephen Lett talk has been lovingly donated to me by Baltar447, so I will try to launch a similar video in a "best of" format to show his colourful range of facial expressions!

Cedars

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Embarrassing. Brings home how the Watchtower Society is being led by uneducated old men with egos 10 times bigger than their intellect.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

3Mozzies LMFAO!!

• edmond dantes
    edmond dantes

Listening to them explain the subject of eternity has just made me realise how the same people can come up with the explaination of the generation doctrine its obviously thought processes of individuals who are away with the fairies.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

Those who live on a paradise earth do not recieve immortality, i believe.

As you can never come to the end of eternity the possibility of dying at some point remains. So to me it would not be worth thinking about eternity too much it could be disappointing.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

jwfacts: He makes eternity sound mighty boring.

Well it's not exactly like either of these guys are Mr. Excitement!

yadda yadda 2: the Watchtower Society is being led by uneducated old men with egos 10 times bigger than their intellect.

I get what you're saying bro, but 10 x zero = Zero!

And in that case they'd have to be very humble according to your quip. This is both clearly and evidently NOT the case.

I would suggest that in fact their egos are completely disconnected to their intellect.

• blondie
    blondie
    Those who live on a paradise earth do not recieve immortality, i believe.

But they do receive "life everlasting" per the WTS. Interestingly, the WTS teaches that only God, Jesus, and the 144,000 have immortality, not the angels.

The difference the WTS says is that those without immortality still depend on God to sustain their life...but then they also teach that God can kill immortal individuals.

I told the elders that contemplating living forever on earth around jws, the unloving ones they admitted were in the congregation, made me sick.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Ok, here's an illustration about eternity that I think you'll all appreciate:

Imagine, if you will, that you are sitting in an uncomfortable seat in an inadequately ventilated building sitting way to close to people you don't really know but nevertheless pretend to "love." You're wearing clothes that are not designed for comfort but for appearances, which is supposed to be important but not overly so. You feel a small bead of sweat forming between your shoulder blades and just beginning to drip down your back. It will be the first of many to follow. You lean forward in your seat hoping to find a tolerable position which will allow at least some of the circulation to return to your increasingly numb hindquarters.

Someone near you has on way too much cheap perfume or cologne or something obnoxious to your olfactory senses. You supress the urge to sneeze. Somewhere there is a baby crying in the distance, its inexperienced mother unsuccessfully trying to soothe her infant's distress. You can feel the mother's frustration growing.

Not quite in the background of the din surrounding you is the soft shuffle of dozens of people trying to walk quietly but not quite succeeding. This is punctuated by the click-clack, click-clack of a women in high heels and a skirt that is way-too-tight-for-her-NOLONGERATEENAGER-body as she makes her way across the hard concrete floor. This staccato rhythm echoes loudly in the open arena. It's a long way to the Women's Restroom. There will be a line. It will be long, very long. Behind those definite, clearly identifiable sounds there is a faint, but audible murmur comprised of many different sounds: papers being rustled, pens and pencils writing, hushed whispers, children fidgeting in their chairs and the collective breathing of the thousand or so souls congregated together for this event. All these various noises blend together in a blurry wash that doesn't quite obscure all the other sounds.

You're trying desperately to stay awake, but with only limited success. You catch yourself nodding off and quickly look around to see if anyone noticed. You clear your throat and for the umpteenth time shift in your seat looking for that elusive comfortable position. Your efforts to resist your body's call to sleep is actually physically painful. Frankly, you'd love to doze off and nap if even for just a few quick minutes to get perhaps a brief relief from the unending monotony of it all, but you resist because you don't want to be viewed as "spiritually weak" and it's important to not "stumble others". You realize with secret irony that probably most everyone of the thousands of people around you feel exactly the same way, and yet you all sit there sharing in this open conspiracy of pretense and fake religiousity.

You try to focus on the words of the lecture droning over the loudspeakers, but it is so difficult. It takes great internal discipline to keep from screaming at the sheer boredom of it all. Your hearing the same points made over-and-over-again in the same monotone way you've heard before. And yet yourself and all your co-conspiritors act as if this is some exciting new discovery of life-changing import, clapping at every mini-crescendo in the speaker drab delivery, applauding at their ill-placed "dramatic" pauses. You suffer through the banal delivery of this less-than-mediocre presentation poorly delivered by an unqualified individual attempting to sound authoritative and convincing but failing at every juncture. You wince at the poor sentence structure, cringe at the lazy reasoning and poorly constructed logic. You chafe at the lack of solid argumentation and clarity of thought. You long for an interesting morsel of colorful language or a mentally stimulating tidbit that you can take hold of and mentally chew while you sit quietly struggling to maintain. But you are continually disappointed and are only served up odd, ill-fitting illustrations that don't really apply to the point the speaker is vainly attempting to make, but not really making it.

Your mind wanders ... I'm getting hungry. ... Where should we go for dinner later? ... Who is that hot-looking ... You fight to rein in your attention because you think you should. But even in your struggle to concentrate you wonder why. How can you focus on a blurry object? How can you target your attention on a fuzzy, un-focused point obtusely made?

You hear slogans and jargon repeated over and over again. Well at least there is some familiar ground to regain your footing so to speak, a toe-hold in this otherwise rambling, directionless discourse. But the very familiarity of those phrases become your contemptible mental enemies as their thought-stopping trance-inducing qualities begin to lull you in to a catatonic state. Your eyes are open, but your mind is gone. The lights are on, but nobody's home!

You mindlessly look at your watch and realize that only six minutes have passed since you last checked it. Thirty-nine more minutes of this insufferable monologue, a preachy sermon seemingly without end.

And then with growing horror a terrible thought begins to fill your mind: This is it, this is what forever will feel like as one of Jehovah's Witnesses. And this discourse on the subject of eternity that I'm hearing right now by Anthony Morris III of the Governing Body, it's just the beginning ...

... it's just the beginning of eternity ...

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

00DAD

Now THAT'S an "illustration" that drives the point home!

edit to add: And during all of this, you really need to fart and are left to contemplate: Should I leave my seat to go out to fart? What if as I'm leaving, the fart loudly slips out as I'm climbing past the people in the row of seats? Can I let it slip out silently here at my seat and successfully pretend it was the kid behind me if it really starts to stink around here?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit