Anthony Morris III shares his thoughts on eternity...

by cedars 65 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• james_woods
    james_woods
    He likens the period of time in which it would take for a fly to wear down a steel ball the size of the sun (merely by walking across the surface) as being just the beginning of eternity.

Ha! Evidently he could not conceive the notion that it would wear down the fly hoofies long before the fly wore down the steel ball.

That has got to be one of the stupidest illustrations I have ever heard - almost as stupid as a witness I once heard saying that the annointed wuold get their power from the sun in the new system of things - because the sun was immortal!!!

• 00DAD
    00DAD

WTF?!?

That is the stupidest analogy ever. A fly on a steel ball the size of the sun. Ummmm, where do they come up with this shite?

Not exactly inviting or attractive, is it? Hardly makes you want to be there.

And what's with the completely non-sequitor comment, "Now once you capture that, the Devil's finished!"

And how about this bit of … I don't even know what to call it:

Eternity ... with Jehovah himself--in some cases--and others living on a beautiful paradise earth … what fool turns their back on that?

Seriously! What is that? It's not even a complete sentence!?!?

Was he high on drugs when he gave this speech? Did he get Public Speaking lessons from George W. Bush? If a student in the TMS gave a rambling incoherent talk like this when I was the School Overseer I'd have a serious talk with him afterwards.

I had to read that and re-read that several times just to figure out what he probably meant, and even then I only could decipher that cryptically uttered nonsense because of spending 25 years learning JW "Theology".

I think ol' AM, the Turd's fly was down when he gave this illustration ... wishing he had balls of steel of any size!

This guy is obviously NOT the sharpest knife in the drawer.

00DAD

• 00DAD
    00DAD

a witness I once heard [said], "the annointed wuold get their power from the sun in the new system of things"

Duh, we all get all our power from the sun now!

• james_woods
    james_woods

Yes, 00DAD - and it was soooo stupid on several levels: One of which being that the annointed were supposed to be in HEAVEN - not exactly powered by the sun...

And, of course, it had long been realized scientifically that the sun is NOT everlasting or immortal...one of the main reasons that I never really believed in the paradise everlasting earth even as a witness.

• cedars
    cedars

The reason I made this video (and will make lots of similar videos, I can assure you) is to show that these men, who are so idolized by Witnesses all around the globe, have absolutely nothing special about them. Even when on the platform of a Special Convention before an international audience (when you would think they would be on their "best behavior"), they can be prone to uttering incoherent nonsense that hardly qualifies them as custodians of a worldwide religion, or gurus of bible doctrine. Other videos that I will be making will show Morris's more pompous and patronizing side. I'm sure you'll find it interesting.

JWs will probably be mortified to see their heroes mocked in this way, but (apart from the soundtrack) I am trying to let these self-proclaimed ambassadors of God speak for themselves. If they claimed to be ONLY men, that would be one thing. Instead, they put themselves on a pedestal to be venerated as God's channel of communication in human form. In making such wild claims, they have made themselves an easy target. I for one will show no mercy in exposing their slightest hiccup. Goodness knows they deserve it.

I would like to thank the poster who sent me the recording from the Special Convention. This material assists immensely in helping the world see the Governing Body for who they are. If anyone else has any similar footage or recordings of Governing Body members speaking (preferably from the last two years), please email it to me at [email protected], and I will give it a listen.

Cedars

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Cedars, your purpose is understood and appreciated. Thanks!

I love your statement:

they [GB members] can be prone to uttering incoherent nonsense that hardly qualifies them as custodians of a worldwide religion, or gurus of bible doctrine.

Clearly that's the truth. This guy is a way below average speaker. He's got no stage presence or personality which is obviously not the most important thing, but what is clear and is important is that he is a rambling fool that often can't even make sense!

Cedars: If anyone else has any similar footage or recordings of Governing Body members speaking

There was a thread a while back with some vids of Stephen Lett speaking. I'll see if I can find it. That guy is soooooo creepy when he talks! When he was a speaker at DCs I attended I could NOT look at him because of his freakishly odd mannerism or I would have burst out laughing. Also, his manner is so condescending, like he is talking to two-year olds.

00DAD

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

Yes, I get it. The fly wore out the Sun, theory=Eternity. What fool doesn't get that?

Some will spend an eternity with Jehovah, and some will just have to suck it up on the earth for an eternity. It all makes sense.

I didn't hear that illustration in my hometown.....during my DA. This was A. Morris concept.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Cedars,

OK, you and I exchanged some comment about GB Lett here a week or so ago:

Also, here's a video of Stephen Lett speaking in Brazil earlier this year, February 13th, 1011.

http://youtube.googleapis.com/v/xdaZ8CB0UCk&hl

Stephen Lett: Just Like a Little Child

Watch from 3:03 to 3:11. That should be more than enough to prove the point!

It was in this thread:

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Concentrate on my Dull,Boring Monologue..

You have just Experienced Eternity..

........................... ...OUTLAW

• cedars
    cedars

00DAD, yes I remember discussing that. I also remember there being a Stephen Lett video on YouTube, but I assumed it was removed.

Do you know where I can find it?

It would be good if I could finish a series of YouTube videos on Anthony Morris (I have A LOT) of his material at the moment, and then move on to each GB member in succession.

Cedars

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit