Anthony Morris III shares his thoughts on eternity...

by cedars 65 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DT
    DT

A steel ball the size of the sun would be pretty massive, since it would be made of steel not gas. I'm pretty sure it would collapse into a black hole. The poor fly wouldn't stand a chance. Even if it didn't, the gravity would be so strong that the fly wouldn't be able to walk.

• ambersun
    ambersun

I am completely and utterly confused by the steel ball analogy. It makes no sense at all to me! For one thing, the sun is NOT a steel ball, it is a fiery globe shaped furnace of molten gases that is burning at a colossal rate and will eventually (in a few billion years I think) burn itself out, with or without the help of a fly, which will mean curtains to any life living on planet earth. What happens then, Anthony?

• SophieG
    SophieG

Having been to a Special Convention...and being completely exhausted from the travel/insane schedule/group control/over hyper-spiritualness/frantic thoughts of lunchtime....

I GUARANTEE NO DELEGATE GOT THAT!

• Sheep2slaughter
    Sheep2slaughter

Cedars: could you please enable mobile viewing on this video? I, and many others, come to this site on my phone and iPad and am rarely at an actual desktop computer.

• cedars
    cedars

Sheep2slaughter - I'm so sorry, but I'm not sure how I would do this. I know we had the same problem with the last video. YouTube seems to arbitrarily decide which videos can or cannot be played on phones/iPads etc, and I don't seem to have much choice in the matter. If you could give me some instructions on how to change the video settings, I will certainly see what I can do!

Other than that, I apologise.

Cedars

• yourmomma
    yourmomma

i get what hes saying but it is a horribly laughable anology. and i love this "what fool would turn his back on that?", my question is "what fool would take that as proof that any of us will live forever?"

Lets see, we have a 100% death rate over how many years? 200,000? hell i'll concede the ridiculus 6,000. there is not 1 person out of the BILLIONS of humans that have walked the earth that has not died. But wait, throw that out the window cause the steel ball means that we will live forever.

the watchtower would be better off if they changed their docterine to people who die faithful will live forever, while thats highly likely not possible, none of us have died so we dont know whats on the other side.

but its just ludicrus in 2012 to be telling people that they will not die. you mine as well start telling them that if they pray hard enough they will start flying like peter pan.

• edmond dantes
    edmond dantes

He is telling people how long eternity is, why not just say forever I think most people can get their head around that. He is talking like he has lost his marbles .He could also say " think of all the unrecorded time that has elapsed before you were born. "

How can anybody take him seriously . If he came to my door talking like that i would ask to see his credentials.

• james_woods
    james_woods

OK - I cannot look at the video from my work computer.

Could somebody give us a really quick explanation of what in the world a "huge steel ball the size of the sun" has to do with eternity?

• darthfader
    darthfader

So this fly has steel balls? I've seen moth balls, but it's pretty hard to spread their tiny little legs....

• cedars
    cedars

Hi james_woods - the video features Anthony Morris using a needlessly long-winded analogy to illustrate the magnitude of "eternity". He likens the period of time in which it would take for a fly to wear down a steel ball the size of the sun (merely by walking across the surface) as being just the beginning of eternity. However, his delivery is awkward and labored, and this makes it difficult to grasp the point on first listening.

He then goes on to speak of the anointed sharing eternity with Jehovah, and the great crowd spending eternity on a paradise earth, and says you would need to be a fool to want anything other than those two things.

Cedars

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit