Would You Listen To A Prayer From A JW And Say Amen If They Said A Prayer In Your Presence?

by minimus 49 Replies latest jw friends

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

No. I stopped saying amen at the hall years ago too. If someone asked, which they never did, I just say I said it silently to avoid the subject.

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

There was a time, I would have wrestled the prayer giver to the ground, bound him in my net and fed him to the lions for Caesar’s pleasure. Nowadays I just remain silent.

Catch me on a good day, and if I happen to agree with the sentiment expressed, and my gods have been obedient,

I may even mumble, ‘ In nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti. Amen. ’

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I wonder how they would like it if I said "Hail Satan!" instead of amen.

• TOTH
    TOTH

My folks became jw's after having been with the Assemblies of God Church. When my grandpa would pray we were to listen but NEVER amen the prayer. I suppose I would do like that now if I was forced to listen to a jw say a prayer.

• James Brown
    James Brown

I'm not dissfellowshiped. I just stopped going to meetings 30 years ago.

Same with my wife. When we are at get togethers with my wifes witness family, they pray and I stand there

while they pray and then I eat my food.

• I Want to Believe
    I Want to Believe

Now days, when with my parents before meals, I bow out of respect but keep my eyes open and keep silent. When first starting to wake up I would say a seperate prayer and end it at the exact same time so that my amen was merely agreeing with myself.

• Butterflyleia85
    Butterflyleia85

I would say amen if it's fitting.

• knows better
    knows better

no bowing, no eyes closed, and no amen.

• minimus
    minimus

Thanks for your interesting responses.

• LV101
    LV101

I think I'm ok saying 'Amen' because I feel there are witnesses diligently striving to worship God and be xtians as in all religions. Their reference to God as Jehovah doesn't bother me --- I hear other theologians use that name.

I'm uncertain about this --- scripture warns us to get out of this evil religion but what about the verse indicating angels will pull the true worshippers out at the end or something. Someone quoted few wks. ago and it was comforting to know.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit