Would You Listen To A Prayer From A JW And Say Amen If They Said A Prayer In Your Presence?

by minimus 49 Replies latest jw friends

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Well said KS. Yet I am compelled by love to reach out to them anyway. My Dad was with the JWs for 5 years, contributing to the breakdown of our family...and one piece of church literature (a tract on the ground outside a convention) got him thinking. A JW with him grabbed it out of his hand, crumpled it, tossing it back on the ground with the warning not to read any of satan's literature. My Dad went back later to find out what the fuss was all about.

• smiddy
    smiddy

No more than I would an Adventist,Mormon, Protestant,Catholic,Jew,Muslim,or any other beleiver in a mythical God,rather than I respect their beleifs they need to respect my disbeleif in God.

smiddy

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

I would not leave the room, bow my head or say amen. I'd remain politely quiet until the nonsense was over.

• umadevi
    umadevi

My point is same as 00Dad, I will listen to everything they say and if I agree, I will say Amen. Otherwise I remain silent. I apply this to all christian denominations, not just JW.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

eyes open, respect them, but probably not say amen

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Out of respect and proprietary to that person and a numb sense of reverence, I would, unless I did not agree with any of the prayer's content.

• Giordano
    Giordano

I haven't faced that issue in a long time. I respect anyone's home if I am having a meal there but in my house we sit down and eat and drink and if you want to pray go into the bathroom. Any thank's offered better be to my wife for a delicious meal.

Besides which a JW prayer gives me gas.

• Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.
  • Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.
  • jemba
    jemba

No diff than when I was in. Sit if everyone else stands and check out what everyone else does during the prayer, oh and pull faces at little kids. lol. I never believed in prayer, seriously, does anyone actually think that God is interested in their butt kissing? God cannot and will not 'answer' prayers.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit