Bump.

Bangalore

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

Bump for newbies.

Bangalore

• the girl next door
    the girl next door

Interesting that this MEMO or an updated version was not sent to the Royal Commission.

• sir82
    sir82

Yeah, seems like this would be of great interest to them.

Or is it a form used in the USA only?

• the girl next door
    the girl next door

I would imagine if the memo is still in use, it has been updated and would be used at all branches.

• the girl next door
    the girl next door
    The Royal Commission would have a field day with question #9, - How many elders felt that the victim was somewhat at fault or willingly participated in the acts ?
  • sir82
    sir82

And just to reiterate the point I made earlier in this thread....

It just gobsmacks me that child abuse is so common that they not only have a standard form that is pulled up when someone phones in a report, but that they even have to revise it every so often because earlier iterations of it are inadequate.

• wifibandit
  • Bangalore
    Bangalore

Thanks wi-fi.

• cofty
    cofty

The small print reveals the real priorities of the organisation regarding child abuse.

If there is no mandatory reporting law they explain to the elders about the need for confidentiality. They don't discuss whether the accused might pose an ongoing threat to children and whether they have a moral duty to take action. The welfare of children is of no importance to them in comparison with protecting their reputation.

It's ironic that it is this very policy that is now destroying their reputation and their wealth.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit