Who else, besides me?

by AK - Jeff 41 Replies latest jw experiences

• wallsofjericho
    wallsofjericho

i couldnt beleive one day on here a freind from my past posted his photo on here. i couldn't beleive it! One of my best buddies growing up was out! we chatted later that day and discovered another friend was out also. This reconnected me with them and we all keep in touch. It was a GREAT feeling! I understand why you would scoure newbie intro's. Since then I often do myself

• pontoon
    pontoon

Out in service we would sometimes talk about the people in our territory that used to be in or attend and now they don't, enough to make two more congregations. But I don't personally know one other person that posts here or anyplace else, wish I did. Also don't know anyone also out that I was good friends with, wish I did. So in that way I feel somewhat isolated.

• Emery
    Emery

They should make a separate section on the forum that is divided by different states. So that if say I am from NC I can go click on the North Carolina Reunion forum and try to find old friends.

• dreamgolfer
    dreamgolfer

I like that Idea, I am from NC too

But also have had "friends" in other places. Always wondered why people stop coming to the KH's now I know....I feel better knowing, at lease my therapist thinks so .

• Jadeen
    Jadeen

I used the search function to look up names of congregations that I've been to, and I did find someone that I know. But his last post was a few years ago.

• Dagney
    Dagney

Me too sigh.

I live in SoCal, and I know there are thousands of exJW's around me, and the majority have just moved on.

I am still shocked when I hear almost all my former JW friends are still "in." Shocked I tell you! I keep thinking some might be inactive or SOMETHING! But noooo...just status quo. I hear they are not the happiest, still praying for the paradise to come quickly.

• hemp lover
    hemp lover

AK-Jeff: " Do you mind mentioning his screen-name? Just curious."

Six of Nine, believe it or not

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

Jeff: One person from my former congregation contacted me. I was able to assist this person in leaving. It brought me a lot of joy.

Gosh, I'd love to be able to do that!

I was in the Borg in Maine, but now live in North Carolina. Several of my friends have left since my departure. Of course, now I'm 1000 miles away!

http://scottleblog.wordpress.com

The Odd Life of Jehovah's Witnesses

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

I have heard one in my old congo has made some drastic opposition changes in his life although he hasn't left yet, I think the thought does linger. I would like to talk to him but I know that will never happen. He has since moved to the another area.

• tinker
    tinker

I do it too, read posts hoping that I might personally know this person. I do have a few long time friends that post here but so far not one from my local area, that I have discovered. I had many very close friends when I was IN. I knew their way of thinking and secrets and desires. It is very hard to understand how a thinking person can stay IN. Why hasn't my dear friend who expressed doubts left by now. And the elder who stepped down because of the Rev Book revisions? The sister with the gay son that is shunned yet she is still close to. I know many people who have been unfairly treated by the Borg yet they stay. So I read the stories and hope that someday I will recognize a familar "face".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit