Who else, besides me?

by AK - Jeff 41 Replies latest jw experiences

• finally awake
    finally awake

I wonder if anyone I know from the local hall will ever wake up. I sure hope so, and I'd be happy to help anyone of them who needed a friend to get through the transition. So if anyone from the Carmi Illinois congregation is reading here, I want you to know you aren't alone and you do have a friend.

• hoser
    hoser

I was able to reconnect with a special friend I knew a couple of decades back

and I made a new friend talesin and jgnat

• talesin
    talesin

hey, I made a post on this thread,,, and it made a topic instead .... we-ird!

Me, too, Jeff. *sigh*

tal

• hemp lover
    hemp lover

AK-Jeff: " Still, sometimes I wish a car would pull into the drive and a familliar face would emerge looking nervous, waliking swiftly toward my door....."

Me, too! And i don't even have a driveway ;-)

Here's something to consider. I think there are a lot of ex-JWs who leave and for whatever reason, never do any research or even really seem to care why the religion is wrong. They just don't want to do it anymore and so they don't. The reason I think there may be a lot of people like that is that two of my best friends fit into that category. One I reconnected with simply because I found her number online years ago and picked up the phone and called her. She has zero curiosity about inaccurate doctrines, etc. She just didn't want to be a JW anymore.

Anyway... I hope my theory is correct, because if it is, it means there are so many more people out there who have left than who have ever ended up on a forum like this.

• talesin
    talesin

I agree, hemp lover. A few years back, I belonged to a private club, and two of the other members were ex-JWs. They were best friends, and a bit younger, nice guys.

Once they found out who I was (ie, my JW family), they avoided me. I asked there was a problem, and no. They just wanted nothing to do with anything (or anyone) that reminded them of growing up JW.

Even so, there are some people that I would be happy to see drive in the lane. :))

tal

• baltar447
    baltar447

Years ago I knew two close friends that were members of JWN. I never ratted the one fader out, still was friends with him over the years, he pulled off a successful fade. The other DA'd and I just recently got in touch with him. Now I have family on here too.

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

It is strange. According to Pew numbers 2/3 + are OUT of the Borg. I know quite a few from Facebook I grew up with. We are FB friends and all, but they do not come here. Even the ones that are out do not want to talk about it. My dad was about that regarding combat in the war. Never talked about it...just bad Ju-ju to him, something to forget about.

• James Brown
    James Brown

I ran into a friend on here who used to play piano in my hall back in the 60's. This was back in Cleveland

I now live in Florida and she lives in California.

My best friends, a couple from the hall, who used to live next door and we went on vacation and assemblies together,

they both left the organization about 15 years after I did, and they both moved to Florida from Cleveland.

But I have never seen them on this board.

This board is not for everybody. Some people just leave and dont look back.

• hemp lover
    hemp lover

Talesin: " A few years back, I belonged to a private club, and two of the other members were ex-JWs. They were best friends, and a bit younger, nice guys."

Oh, wow. You just made me remember two more people I met randomly after I was df'ed. I got into the local Dallas music scene, because my roommate was the lead singer in a band. (Rock on, Sissy Spaceship!) The drummer and his bff were raised JW and I actually recognized the bff from assemblies (red-headed son of a prominent elder - hard to stay incognito). We shared some laughs and some stories, but then lost track of each other when the band broke up.

Funny story: their car broke down on the way to a gig in Oklahoma and so they called me to rescue them. When we went to put their equipment in my trunk, I remembered that my pet tumbleweed was still in there and I wasn't ready to let it go yet. (It blew up next to me when I was leaving the Aardvark in Ft. Worth one night [Rock on, Baboon! I miss you.] and I stuffed it in my trunk, because I felt we were made for each other.) Anyway we fit all their amps and such into my trunk and then I crammed my pet tumbleweed in on top and their equipment smelled like rosemary forever after.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

There's a JWN poster who knows some of the jws I used to know years ago. And there's one JWN poster whose parents I knew many years ago. But best of all, my baby brother used to post here, but I introduced him to this site after he left the cult. I waited 18 years for that!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit