Batman Shooting

by turtleturtle 49 Replies latest social current

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety
    {REMOVED}
  • botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety

That was in bad taste. Sorry. BizzyBee brings out the worst in all of us.

• james_woods
    james_woods

I have a question: Does anybody know if Colorado is a death penalty state?

If ever there were a case that calls for it - this would be the one.

James,

It is my understanding that a jury in Colorada can choose death for a capital defendant. But the death penalty would never have prevented this crime, as it's obvioust that dying in the act was a real possibility and that this defendant was intelligent enough to understand that the consequences would either be death or life in prison. I don't think he really cared one way or the other.

He certainly deserves to die, but that doesn't justify the death penalty. Besides, he's only 24, he has a lifetime of anal rape to look forward to if he's sentenced to life in prison. If they sentence him to death, he'll likely avoid that fate.

• james_woods
    james_woods

I was thinking more of retribution and justice for the victim's families - more than future crime prevention.

Note that this guy was NOT NECESSARILY willing to die - he had on body armor, and gave up without any sign of a fight.

OF course, his attornies will try to plead insanity.

Weird that someone with this kind of antisocial disorder tried to be a medical student...

• dontplaceliterature
    dontplaceliterature

OF course, his attornies will try to plead insanity.

Anyone who would do that is insane.

• dontplaceliterature
    dontplaceliterature

Duly noted mag.

• james_woods
    james_woods

Anyone who would do that is insane.

Agreed, but he may not be insane in the sense of escaping justice by that defense. He did make rational plans to carry this out.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Please let us give this thread the respect that it has not been given thus far.

Thank you.

• james_woods
    james_woods

Yes - there is no room for politics on this.

Maybe I strayed across the line with the death penalty statement - but I think this guy deserves to fry as much as Tim McVeigh did.

It is being reported that he deliberately shot 1 year old babies.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit