FOURTEEN DEAD IN DENVER SHOOTING !

by Phizzy 114 Replies latest social current

• Gros Michel no more
    Gros Michel no more

Why are more Virginia Tech freakshows emerging in public with weapons used in armies? Please everyone, positive thoughts and well wishes to victims lying in the hospitals, and prayers to families destroyed by the twenty three year old demon.

Colorado police deserve our deep respect, CPD grabbed victims and drove them to the hospital without waiting for a bus.

• Diest
    Diest

Sooner,

go in the bathroom and stick your thumb up your ass.

Your bullshit is so out of line. Might be time for another break.

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

Quendi why don't you shut the hell up. 12 people who loved their friends and family and were loved in return were murdered and your dumb ass gets bent out of shape over a simple comment from someone commenting on how sad it is. The next time you have a thought, go in the bathroom and stick your thumb up your ass. That's how the rest of us feel when you post on this forum.

My thoughts exactly! I live 30 or so minutes from Aurora and can't believe something like this is happening again.

Quendi- BLD! Bitches Love Drama!- you should just stop

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

OK...so we don't have to quibble about Columbine vs Aurora...because somehow someone has their shorts in a knot about geography and links to mass murder in that area - there was another gunman in April of this year in Aurora, Colorado that was shooting up a church. Only one person was killed but that was just pure luck - so just sayin...we don't need to link Columbine to Aurora - just link Aurora to Aurora...sammies

-

Gunman opens fire at church, kills pastor’s mother

Posted on: 5:06 pm, April 22, 2012, by Deborah Takahara, updated on: 07:56pm, April 23, 2012

AURORA, Colo. – Police in Aurora Monday were investigating why a gunman came to a church and opened fire.

The mother of church pastor was killed Sunday afternoon after a gunman shot her. It happened at the Destiny Center at 10686 East Bethany Drive around 3 p.m.

“I’m sad. My heart is hurt, I’m devastated. My mom lost her life actually trying to help someone who took her life,” says Pastor DeLono Straham.

Josephine Echols, a registered nurse, was called outside of Destiny Church to check on a man who had just crashed his car in their parking lot.

“From what I understand, he pulled the gun on the staff and just began to shoot,” Straham says.

As bullets were flying, Straham immediately began to shelter the 50-60 members of his church.

“I looked back and saw the gunman just firing … don’t know if he was putting another clip in … don’t know what he was doing … saw him randomly just shooting.”

He also saw his mother stretched out on the sidewalk.

“I ran and checked on her. She had a bullet hole in her face, she was bleeding all over here, doctors at the hospital say she was shot five times,” Straham says.

At the same time Straham’s cousin, an off duty Denver police officer, confronted the gunman as he entered the church, shooting and killing him. There is no doubt his action saved many lives.

“He’s very broken up, about not only his aunt, who he always called ‘mom,’ but he’s broken up that he had to take someone’s life,” the pastor says. “He always said, ‘I pray every day that I don’t have to use this revolver to take anybody’s life.’”

Investigators are trying to figure out what led the shooter to this church. Straham says no one recognized the gunman, and he had never attended the church.

Police have told them the suspect had gang ties.

“We’re just devastated by it but she was a great woman, her legacy will carry on.”

Josephine Echols died at Aurora South Medical Center, the same hospital she spent the past 9 years working as a nurse.

“She lived to help people. That’s where I learned what I do,” Straham says.

The pastor is drawing on the strength and the faith his mom always taught him to get through this difficult time.

“We’re going to keep things going in her name. We’re not going to quit, we’re here for the community.”

• VIII
    VIII

Very sad. I was so sad reading the blog to of the young woman who wanted to be a sportscaster and was gunned down. She barely escaped a similar fate recently.

Here is her brother's blog on her and her last tweet to him only 20 minutes before she died last night: Opens in new window

http://deadspin.com/5927673/aspiring-sportscaster-killed-in-shooting-at-colorado-movie-theater

I don't believe in any new gun laws. Coming from Chicago and all the gang killings going on, well, if the criminals have guns, what is a private citizen to do? Wait to be hit on by them? If we have a gun at least we have a small chance of survival.

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

My Partner and I both mourn today over the loss of lives that happened. Today is not the day for fighting amonst ourselves, today is the day for crying for those who lost their lives, and a day for thinking about the families that are dealing with their losses. Everyone in that theater is going to need help dealing with their feelings and emotions. The scene will play in their minds every day for years to come. I pray and hope that they find comfort wherever they can.

Horrible events like this really helps to put things in perspective. We never know when these things will happen, and we do not know when we may be a victim. We all need to remain vigilant to our surroundings, and if we see something strange going on, please do not hesitate to call 911.

May the families, friends, and loved ones of the victims find strength as they deal with this tragedy, and may the victims who died rest in peace.

• yourmomma
    yourmomma

i'd be all for banning guns if you could also get them out of the hands of criminals. its a tough issue and i find the left's solution to ban guns could probably make the situation worse, and the rights solution to arm all of us is also ridiculus. the thing is, you can easily get a ccl and legally conceal carry. the right acts like guns are banned already, they are not. its just that in a case like this, no one was ccling in the theatre.

an all out gun ban could be great if you could get the guns out of the hands of the bad guys. since that is not possible i dont see how that is a good idea. also, a gun while not garunteeing making it through such a situation, at least increases your chances or making it.

im left on most issues, but on this one, i am all for legal licenced fire arms. in fact based on the crime in my neighborhood and what just happened in colorado, i am seriously considering getting a ccl.

• Botzwana
    Botzwana

When legislation was passed to outlaw the sale and drinking of alcohol in the USA in the early part of the 20th century, it drove the problem underground and created a perfect foothold for the mob or mafia. The laws against illegal drugs in the USA has created a perfect storm in Mexico, upsetting their their whole country and resulting in the murders of thousands and mayhem to the local populace. Has it done anything to combat illegal drug usage in the US? No, not really. Meth labs are being set up in peoples cars, homes and the like. All the legislation in the world won't stop the problem. If gun ownership were outlawed in the US, it would result in outright gang wars over the importation of illegal weapons, we cannot police our own borders now, keeping out illegal immigrants and illegal drugs! Banning guns does NOTHING!

• NCO
    NCO

Folks, if I may, this is not a time to stand on the bodies of innocent victims as a soapbox to argue politics.

Gun control, or what some say is the lack thereof, is not to blame for the deaths and injuries. No political party is to blame. The tea party, occupy movement, nor any other group of people who engage in the diverse and divisive political discourse in the United States is to blame. Talk radio, blogs, the internet, video games, movies, TV shows, and our sometimes truly tasteless entertainment industry is not to blame. I'll even go so far as to say that parenting (or the all-too-frequent lack thereof) is not to blame.

The guns used and the guns owned by Americans, legally or illegally, are not to blame. They are merely tools and the good or bad intent is in the user. Ammonium nitrate wasn't to blame for Oklahoma City and box cutters weren't to blame for 9/11.

The blame for this rests on the head of ONE PERSON who made the decision to take innocent lives. No gun control law would have stopped him. No law against deploying improvised chemical munitions in an enclosed area would have stopped him. No law against improvised explosive devices would have stopped him from booby-trapping his apartment.

Would an armed citizen present in the crowded theatre have been able to stop the massacre? Possibly. If the armed citizen were highly trained to operate in a dark, chaotic environment with an active shooter in the presence of a chemical weapon. Yes there would still have been innocent casualties. Just as likely at the hands of the citizen as the terrorist. And I'll call him a terrorist because that's what he was. He inflicted terror upon the populace, regardless of why.

On the subject of citizens being armed, this is not in itself a reason why that should not be allowed by law. If anything, it should be a reason for those of us who choose to exercise our Second Amendment right to increase our training and consider where we carry because should we suddenly be confronted with the inherent duty to act in defense of those around us, the potential casualties would be something we would all have to live with.

If you pray, pray for the victims and their families. If you don't pray, put aside your pre-programmed beliefs and once again examine all that you have been taught or told to believe with the same critical thinking that got you out of the JW's instead of accepting what you are told.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    Would an armed citizen present in the crowded theatre have been able to stop the massacre? Possibly.

NCO, it was said today that the weapons the police were carrying would not have penetrated the shooter's armour. They also said that his weapons could have penetrated theirs. Like you said, a citizen would have to be highly trained. I add the citizen would have needed a weapon more powerful than the ones the police were using.

I am not one who thinks American citizens should be disarmed. I do wonder why there is such outrage about the ban of assault weapons. I am guessing very few private citizens want to own and especially carry these guns. Sadly, this young man bought his assault weapon legally. I heard on the news that Colorado does not require weapons to be registered.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit