The biggest enemy the Watchtower Corporation faces now is "The Truth"

by Finkelstein 38 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• witchtowerwitch
    witchtowerwitch

I disagree with all of you,sorry folks.....................!For 6000 years religions and cults got away with corruptions and lies,,,,,but not today people,not with the world wide web = INTERNET,,, all is on display for all to read about,and the entire world never had this wonderful tool before the 1980s okay!This is the 21 century with Ipads,smart phones,and internet connections eveywhere peole,so with the click of a button,information about anything can be sent to billions of people in a matter of seconds!The witchytowers lies and corruptions are now the Emperors new clothes,as they are nakedly exposed for all to see the stupidity of the teachings and practices!As the scandels and law suits mount,they will lose cedibility fast,but why??????It is because they are the only ones pounding on everyones doors,telling them that their church is babylon,and they are quick to point fingers at all of the troubles in these churches.Now those fingers will be pointing back at them,and they are not used to this people!Right now every jw has to be worrying about the foundation crumbling around them,or better stated,,,,,,,the ship titanic that is sinking fast!Remember revelation said too bad too bad you great city,for in one hour you have fallin!And everyone stands off in a distance seeing the smoke of that dead city = witchytower in ruins,,,hehehe lol,,,well good luck with that!

• cedars
    cedars

witchtowerwitch

I disagree with all of you,sorry folks.....................!For 6000 years religions and cults got away with corruptions and lies,,,,,but not today people,not with the world wide web = INTERNET,,, all is on display for all to read about,and the entire world never had this wonderful tool before the 1980s okay!

If you re-read my comment, you will note that you clearly don't disagree with me.

Cedars

• witchtowerwitch
    witchtowerwitch

Mr. Cedars,,,i'm sorry that i missed your point ok!I will go back and reread your post man!Peace out brother!

• cedars
    cedars

No worries witchtowerwitch! I think the problem is you seem to differentiate between the "internet" and "truth". I think the point of the OP (unless I've completely lost the plot) is that, thanks to mediums such as the internet, the truth is becoming more widely spread - thereby chipping away at the Watchtower's traditional monopoly on information and making them less credible.

Cedars

• bats in the belfry
    bats in the belfry

That's why the WTBTS wants you to walk by faith (in them), and not by sight (non-WT authorized internet sites).

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

You can suppress the truth almost indefinitely in a vacuum of knowledge and education, but the tables soon turn when information becomes freely available due to the spread of the internet and increased awareness of the Society's true history.

Thats the point I was trying to say Cedars

The new and easily accessibility of information brought forth by the inter-net has sort of become the WTS's own Achilles heel.

I'm not predicting the out right collapse of the WTS. in the immediate future but lets just say the organization is going

to go through some " hards times to deal with " to coin a phrase.

• Quendi
    Quendi

The greatest invention in the last thousand years was moveable type, or the printing press, by Johann Gutenberg circa 1456. Its impact was unrivaled and was clearly seen when the Reformation began in Europe sixty years later. Without the printing press, Luther and other religious rebels would have suffered the same fate as the Waldenses, Lollards, Johann Hus and other "heretics" in being smothered in silence. The printing press not only made sure the reformers' works could be spread faster than Church authorities could destroy them, but also led to an explosion in literacy and education for much of Europe's population. The Roman Catholic Church survived the Reformation, but its monopoly on power ended forever.

We are seeing something in microcosm occur with the Internet and the WTS. The Internet has done in the twenty-first century what the printing press did in the sixteenth. A controlling religious authority finds itself challenged by "apostates". It can't silence its critics. It can't prevent its adherents from learning the truth about its history. It can't cloak its criminal activities and hypocrisy in secrecy. Like the Roman Catholic Church, the WTS may survive this sudden and unwelcome burst of freedom and light, but its power will most likely be greatly diminished. There is also the chance that the organization won't survive at all, that the flood of information and bad publicity that will be released will finally sweep it away. I certainly hope so.

Quendi

• 00DAD
    00DAD

The fact that they speak of "The Truth" as if it is a tangible thing that can be the exclusive possession of a single individual or even a single group is illogical and proves they are out of touch with reality.

The ridiculousness of this concept is compounded by the idea that they are known for preaching this "Truth" globally. Consider this, if in fact I or anyone else knows something that is true, once I share it with another individual then they too now know "The Truth". This is TRUE whether that person joins my group or not.

It's just a silly idea. It's embarrassing to think that I ever went along with it.

It's a dumb religion that has become corrupted with Pharisaical rules and regulations to the point of being basically indistinguishable from Jesus' original message. It's sure NOT what I signed up for back in the early '80s.

00DAD

• simon17
    simon17

My wife, son and his wife have just returned from the DC and they looked depressed and worn down - I am so glad I missed this "refreshing" spiritual banquet for a second year! I can't wait to hear some of the highlights in the coming days...I guess the "truth" is also getting long in the teeth for them too...but it is still not enough to wake them up.

Yea but isn't that the point of keeping them so busy with conventions and service and study and meetings and assemblies and hall cleaning and prayer and feeling guilty...

You can't "wake up" when you're so DAMN TIRED!

• Scott77
    Scott77

Cults by their nature, have short lifespan. The hey days of the Watchower are numbered. The next thing I want to hear is the division and fight over enormous resorces we donated to build that commercial empitire. I still believe regardless of our status, we have a stake in these resources.

Scott77

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit