The biggest enemy the Watchtower Corporation faces now is "The Truth"

by Finkelstein 38 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Thats my opinion because the WTS really has been preaching false information now for so long about the End Times and Armageddon soon.

Also the doctrine that Jesus Chirt has taken a position over his earthly and heavenly Kingdom in 1914 .... etc.

Its been a winfall marketing scheme for such a long time, which now really doesn't have much leg to stand on.

Time in conjunction with reality has made the WTS's doctrines redundantly weak or useless more or less.

I'm even believing the leaders of the WTS are even starting to know this for themselves.

The WTS future and its main supporting pieces of literature, The Watchtower and Awake magazines may eventually be tossed aside

for some new doctrines as well newly named pieces of literature .

Kind of ironic for a religious organization who adamantly proclaimed that they are the only " Truth " like no other organization on earth,

is now confronted by the real truth, which they cant avoid by the perceived image of what they have created around themselves.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

It is funny to watch them squirm when they say they have the "Truth" and you ask them if it was the "Truth" 20, 30, 40, or 100 years ago when they were teaching completely different doctrines. If it wasn't the "Truth" then, was it a lie?

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

MrFreeze

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

My wife, son and his wife have just returned from the DC and they looked depressed and worn down - I am so glad I missed this "refreshing" spiritual banquet for a second year! I can't wait to hear some of the highlights in the coming days...I guess the "truth" is also getting long in the teeth for them too...but it is still not enough to wake them up.

• agonus
    agonus

It's funny... both "The Truth" as well as the actual truth are now serving to work against them. Maybe that's why they lie like mofos.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The other crippling and for the most part unsuspecting thing the WTS. is confronted with now is the readily open information

available to most people on the inter-net, concerning the WTS./ JWS and its long held to doctrines.

In the past old and unwanting doctrines and proclamations put out by the WTS. were conveniently taken off the shelves

and they were pretty much hidden out of sight from the public, now anyone can look up those pieces of litature and see what

the WTS. was doing and saying 50, 60, to over 100 years ago.

• Kojack57
    Kojack57

Finkelstein: Amen to that. THE GIG IS UP!!!!!

Kojack

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

I know everyone here expects them to collapse under the weight of their failed predictions, but hate to tell you all that it's not going to happen: they GREW after the 1975 prediction, as it swelled their ranks! They are SLOWLY shifting their platform away from setting specific dates, and more on preparing for an unset date for Armageddon.

Look at it this way: Jesus and his apostles believed THEY were living in the last days, 2,000 yrs ago! The BIGGEST FAILED PROPHECY OF ALL, the one Jesus Himself predicted, FAILED. Did that stop any of you from getting involved, or your parents?

The fact is, ALL religions show a gradual shift in position, and we're able to look back 150 years and see the shift that says FAKE! However, I KNOW JWs who've seen the same evidence, and it doesn't phase them in the LEAST. Why? One sad element of the human psyche is that most humans will only believe what they WANT to believe: most are not as open-minded as they think. Some MIGHT see the changes, and they WILL lose the few who are able to think. But for every one lost, there's many more who'll fill in the vacancy. Apply, lather, rinse, repeat.

So I wouldn't waste too much energy hoping they all will see "the TRUE light": they probably WON'T, and will die as firmly convinced of "The Truth" as they did back in 1960 (or 1920, or 1890, or).

• wasblind
    wasblind

So I wouldn't waste too much energy hoping they all will see "the TRUE light": they probably WON'T, and will die as firmly convinced of "The Truth" as they did back in 1960 (or 1920, or 1890, or)._______King Solomon

Who cares if JW's refuse to see " The True Light " wit the internet, everyone else will

this religion is built on recruitment, which will surely be affected by the net

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

they GREW after the 1975 prediction, as it swelled their ranks!

Well right after 1975 the membership declined a little but thats irrelevant .

I hear what your saying though KS and for most part I agree but its the core foundational doctrines that I'm assuming will change

as time moves along. Will the WTS. stick to its old doctrines in spite for example 100 years has past since 1914 and nothing relevant has happened

as the WTS. proclaimed it would. ????

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit