Artists or authors who are famous but who you are not that crazy about

by Chemical Emotions 61 Replies latest jw friends

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety

Aerosmith.

• cedars
    cedars

Thor is the ultimate con-artist. A middle-age savage posing as a God. To say I'm not crazy about him would be an understatement.

Cedars

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Gerard Manley Hopkins.

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

James Patterson- I've tried to give his books a chance, but the characters and plots are underdeveloped and superficial. Adele- I have found it difficult to listen to her songs all the way through.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

James Patterson- I've tried to give his books a chance, but the characters and plots are underdeveloped and superficial. Adele- I have found it difficult to listen to her songs all the way through.

I read an interview with Patterson in one of my writing magazines, and this may be because he no longer completely writes his own books. (Nobody can be THAT prolific, can they?) Anyway, if I remember correctly, he has files full of outlines and let's other writers develop them. Then he does the final touch up. It's quite profitable, and not unethical, but I wouldn't expect anything from the heart.

• blondie
    blondie

Jackson Pollock

• agonus
    agonus

I know he was actually quite bright and talented both artistically and technically, but Picasso never did much for me personally. The whole Cubism movement - just meh. Surrealism on the other hand... :-D

• agonus
    agonus

Agree on Aerosmith too. Not a bad band per se, just never put much lead in my pencil, or some such.

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

Led Zeppelin

The Beatles

The Rolling Stones

Michael Jackson

Led Zeppelin

That bitch that wrote the Harry Potter abortions

Barbara Streisand

Paul McCartney (yeah I know but he deserves his own room in Hell)

Led Zeppelin

Jefferson Airplane/Starship (that whole "Built This City" bullshit negates any good music from the past)

Styx

Rush

Led Zeppelin

Andy Warhol's dumb ass

Chicago (these assholes make me want to puke...and that's before they even start singing)

Huey Lewis (the only good thing that Huey Lewis did was lend his name to Borat's large penised son)

Led Zeppelin

Brooks and Dunn

Jodie Foster (boring)

Abe Vigoda

and finally...F*** Led Zeppelin. (John Bonham faked his own death because he realized how bad Led Zeppelin was)

• Glander
    Glander

I read Nicholas Sparks once and I could barely finish it. No more. Shame too, because I like the genre when it's done well.

James Patterson - absolute ghost writer dreck. Rawlins and Harry Potter - well there is something for everyone, I guess. Also, bored stiff with even hearing about the vampire fad in books and films.

Led Zep.

Picasso and most nist daubbers. See the movie - Basqiuat - gives you a great insight into the whole racket.

I love Matisse and Cezanne. Seen originals in the museum and they glow!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit