Artists or authors who are famous but who you are not that crazy about

by Chemical Emotions 61 Replies latest jw friends

• Chemical Emotions
    Chemical Emotions

I have to say, although I don't dislike him, I'm not a huge fan of Jackson Pollack. I mean, I find his work boring. Especially No. 5, which is nice, but I just don't "get it". I like Autumn Rythm a lot, though.

Then there's Gaugin, who I actually dislike. Besides the fact that he had a kid with a thirteen YO child (yeah, yeah, that was the "culture" where he lived for awhile, yada yada), I just find his artwork lacking in...something special, and I can't explain what it is.

Ayn Rand. Oh god. I read the Fountainhead. Boy is that a month I'll never get back. She is a bad writer who happened to have a few good momennts, a few good lines here and there. Her characters are flat and feel phony all around. Her disriptions are uninteresting and much of her writing just sounds plain silly!

• Kudra
    Kudra

Yeah, not a super fan of Gaugin's color scheme... sorta vomity olive greens-mustard yellows.

Pink Floyd never did much for me.

• Chemical Emotions
    Chemical Emotions

Yeah, that color he always went with annoys me.

You don't like Pink Floyd?! But...they're god.

• Kudra
    Kudra

:-P

I know... I'm like one of two people on the planet that does not like Pink Floyd.

• Kudra
    Kudra

omg, and The Doors. I can't *stand* The Doors.

• Kudra
    Kudra

Except for the solitary case of the Roadhouse Blues, which I really like...

• Chemical Emotions
    Chemical Emotions

Lol, Pink Floyd and the Beatles are bands that basically EVERYONE likes.

Yeah, I don't like most songs by the Doors either. Definitely not a fan...

• talesin
    talesin

Ayn Rand. Oh god. I read the Fountainhead. Boy is that a month I'll never get back.

yes! ugh, and in this case, I gotta say, "the movie was better than the book". How could it not be? :S

I don't care much for the Doors, either. Or Jackson Pollack.

I also find Jay Leno's show boring, boring, boring. Say good nite, Jay. Please!,, just ... say ... good nightbye!

Oh, and Alex Haley's books are boring, too. And what's so great about Hawthorne? snooooooooze on the storytelling.

tal

• jgnat
    jgnat

Warhol.

WarholSoup

A savvy graphic artist with an idea.

• Kudra
    Kudra

Oh -I *never* found Seinfeld funny.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest