Artists or authors who are famous but who you are not that crazy about

by Chemical Emotions 61 Replies latest jw friends

• talesin
    talesin

BOTR -- Dr. Phil behave your way to success! As if CBT could cure all ills!

ugh

tal

• jamesmahon
    jamesmahon

Dickens. Yawn.

Beatles. Most of their stuff is pap. Elvis the same. And Paul Mcartney post beatles? Makes my ears bleed.

And in related news, am I the only one that found the Lord of the Rings films like watching paint dry? I nearly got up and walked out halfway through the last one. I imagine I am in a global minority of one on this one though.

• compound complex
    compound complex

A great composer, Paul Dukas, had relatively little output because he destroyed a good deal of his work, so I recall reading. The Sorcerer's Apprentice and La Peri have stood the test of time.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Nicholas Sparks bores me to tear. Nora Roberts is an incredibly popular Romance writer. I would ride the bus and every other person would be reading one of her books, and she has a LOT of them. I got one from a book club (cuz I forgot to pick and they chose for me) and it was HORRIBLE. Granted, I don't like romance novels anyway---too much formula---but she is an awful writer. NOW I see why she is so prolific! Her story needed to be revised 27 more times before it saw the light of day, but her fans are hungry and forgiving---I guess.

The movie Sister Act never made me smile once, and I found it unwatchable. In fact, although I kind of like Whoopie Goldburg as a person, I never got her humor.

I don't like Chopin or Bach. But I like other classical music.

Ted Nugent, Bon Jovi, never got them.

Never watched an episode of American Idol, America's Got Talent, or You Think You Can Dance, or Surivivor. I'd rather go to the dentist.

I'm not a fan of dentists---but am a huge fan of healthy teeth---so I medicate.

NC

• talesin
    talesin

Never watched an episode of American Idol, America's Got Talent, or You Think You Can Dance, or Surivivor. I'd rather go to the dentist.

me, too!

;d

tal

• JeffT
    JeffT

Jane Austen

Anything that uses the word "pop" in the description (except for a very rare few that come under the heading "guilty pleasures.")

I watched Amercian Idol for awhile, mostly to watch people make idiots of themselves at the auditions. I gave up entirely when Crystal Bowerxox lost, she was the only person at that show with acutal talent. TV is pretty much a wastland these days.

I tend to agree with comments above about the Beatles. I don't dislike them completely, nor do I think they are the be all and end all of music. I stopped liking the Doors somewhere along the line, although I loved them (and saw them) when I was in high school.

What's the deal with Julia Roberts? She's never done anything for me.

I can't tell the diffence between most modern art and what my 7-year old granddaughter does with a box of Crayolas.

I'm sure all think of more.

• talesin
    talesin

Wow! I'm surprised that anyone doesn't like Sir Paul. just,,, wow!

tal

• Farkel
    Farkel

Picasso

Stravinsky

Schoenberg

Mellville

Warhol

Peter Serkin

Van Cliburn

Zsa Zsa

Lee Liberace

Elton John

Arthur Conan Doyle

Maya Angelou (horrible)

Degas

...and many more...

Farkel

• botchtowersociety
  • jamesmahon
    jamesmahon

Tal - come on. The Frog Chorus, Mull of Kintyre. The man should be made to have his tongue cut out just for those two songs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit