"Evidently" the New Watchtower Propoganda Buzzword is "Clearly"

by LostGeneration 38 Replies latest watchtower bible

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

We have seen hundreds of examples of where the Watchtower uses the word "evidently" to make their doctrinal point. Often this is done with little to no "evidence" all in an attempt to convince the reader that there is ample supporting evidence for the point made.

Other words often used by propogandists include "clearly" and "obviously" Using these words at the start of a sentence is done in an attempt to get the reader to simply "accept" the information that follows, because of course it is either "clear" or "obvious", right?

Check the following assertions made in the 9/15/2012 WT, "evidently" the new Watchtower buzzword is "clearly". Consider whether the points made are "clear" or in other words, indisputable.

Clearly, Jesus wanted to
    avoid any distraction and entanglement
    that would prevent him from putting
    the Kingdom first. Can we follow his
    example and keep our eye simple—free
    of materialistic entanglement and anxiety?—
    Matt. 6:33, 34. (Page 9, para 6)

Brenda, who has attended the
    school twice, notes: “It allowed
    me to be 100 percent absorbed
    in spiritual things, to strengthen
    my conscience, and to focus on
    helping others. Clearly, Jehovah
    is generous!” (page 15, under Pioneer service school experience)

Clearly, even while he is patiently waiting, Jehovah has been working to fulfill his promises—for our
    good. (page 19 para 5)

Clearly, Jehovah’s patience does not
    mean that he is simply waiting for time
    to pass. No, we should never confuse his
    patience with inattentiveness or apathy! (Pg 19, para 7)

Clearly, our not knowing the exact
    day or hour when this system will
    end has been a blessing for us. Rather
    than being frustrated or disappointed,
    we find ourselves drawn ever closer
    to Jehovah, our loving Father, as we immerse
    ourselves in doing his will. (pg 27 para 17)

• Knowsnothing
    Knowsnothing

What I hate about these buzz words is that when you try to press the loyal JW about the fallacy of said statements, they can always somehow come up with an excuse. That's indoctrination for ya.

• glenster
  • MC RubberMallet
    MC RubberMallet

Psychological bullying.

If it's "obvious" and "clear", but you don't see it, there's something wrong with you.

• sir82
    sir82

It's an awfully weasel-ly word. It adds absolutely nothing to the meaning of the sentence, (other than, as has been noted, the message of "hey you stupid git! If you don't buy this you are a hopeless moron!")

• Knowsnothing
    Knowsnothing

glenster... my mind has turned to mush after that. Klee-ur-lay.

• St George of England
    St George of England

I noticed this when we had the '607 v 587' articles in the WT last year:

• But if the evidence from the inspired Scriptures clearly points to 607 B.C.E. for Jerusalem’s destruction, why do many authorities hold to the date 587 B.C.E.?
    • To sum up: The Bible clearly states that there was an exile of 70 years. There is strong evidence—and most scholars agree—that the Jewish exiles were back in their homeland by 537 B.C.E.
    • Economic tablets, cuneiform letters, and inscriptions clearly reveal that kings Ashur-etel-ilani, Sin-shumu-lishir, and Sin-sharra-ishkun ruled over Babylonia.
    • Clearly, there was a discrepancy.
    • Clearly, much of the astronomical data in VAT 4956 fits the year 588 B.C.E. as the 37th year of Nebuchadnezzar II.
    • However, the Bible writers Jeremiah and Daniel clearly state that the Jews were in exile for 70 years, not 50 years.
    • the Akkadian symbol for the number 9 is clearly seen.

George

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

If you need to tell me something is 'clear', you are likely full of shit.

• wasblind
    wasblind

IT IS CLEAR

" Bible chronology also pinpointed in advance the time when certain important evens in the fulfillment of Gods purpose would take place."______Reasoning from the scriptures book page 93

Oops

" It is true that the witnesses made mistakes in their understanding of what would occur at the end of certain time periods."______Reasoning from the Scriptures book page 136

EVIDENTLY THE WTS IS SO STUPID, THEY EVEN CAN'T FOLLOW PINPOINTED SCRIPTURE THAT SAYS NO ONE WOULD KNOW THE DAY , HOUR OR SEASON

• Kojack57
    Kojack57

CLEARLY the WB&TS ARE WACK JOBS, SO EVIDENT

KOJACK

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit