"Evidently" the New Watchtower Propoganda Buzzword is "Clearly"

by LostGeneration 38 Replies latest watchtower bible

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

"A matter that becomes clear ceases to concern us"

- Friedrich Nietzsche

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

Good points made. The average JW will never see it as a ploy to backup what they say with no evidence though. So sad...

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Clearly, replacing evidently would make one mortified and not happified.

• Joepublisher1
    Joepublisher1

"Like 00DAD, I am ashamed I ever believed this pack of lies. I can only excuse myself by saying I was young and the people who studied with me were people for whom I had deep love and who themselves strongly believed all of this. For more than twenty years I sailed along blissfully ignorant and unaware until 1995 and the November 1 issue of The Watchtower. That was the beginning of my doubts but it took another ten years before I began to accept TTATT. This thread has once again showed me the wisdom of doing so.

Quendi"

Oh my goodness... when I read Quendi's statement above I thought to myself, I could have wrote this word-for word! I, too, was somewhat awakened by that 1995 Watchtower on "the generation" change. If you go back to the Live Forever book, you will see some statments that the WTS printed about this that show just how much the WTS taught that it was a certainty [beyond any doubt] that the end would come before the generation of 1914 passed away - I was very faithful to those promises. However, when the WTS [aka Governing Body] changed that teaching, it took the wind out of my sails and I stepped down as a MS. It would take about 10 years later (and a lot of eye-opening reading outside the WTS literature) to conclude what so many exJWs have come to learn: this religion is a fraud and its leaders are NOT who they say they are! I might add that the 1995 change then gave way to me doing research on the 1975 fiasco and it became "evident" to me that the WTS is quilty of mis-leading millions of people around the world - covering over mistakes with a made-up "new light" teaching that would get them off the hook from ever having to apologize for their [many and on-going] mistakes! I found that their use of the word "evidently" to be highly misleading, as in many cases their was little to NO evidence to back up their claims! - they just liked using the word to add force to their statements. Much like they are now using the word, Clearly! Thank you to everyone who is posting this information in hopes it helps other sincere JWs to awaken from this mind-control group!

• Scott77
    Scott77

If the WTB&TS also known as Jehovah`s Witnesses have CLEARLY made many claims in their 130 + years of bible fullfillments taking place within this said timespan , and EVIDENTLY none have come to fruition , then CLEARLY it is EVIDENT that the said WTB&TS also known as Jehovah`s Witnesses are EVIDENTLY and CLEARLY false prophets

smiddy

smiddy, Great job. Many ways to go. I wish I have a poster of the above statement to put on my car. We need to circulate it to all JWs we know. Clearly and evidently, its important to stop this Watchtower-inpired deceiption.

Scott77

• blondie
    blondie

clearly, evidently, apparently, are words that give them an out when "new light" is "discovered." "See we did not say definitely this was true."

• smiddy
    smiddy

BTTT

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

"Clearly, our not knowing the exact
    day or hour when this system will
    end has been a blessing for us. Rather
    than being frustrated or disappointed,
    we find ourselves drawn ever closer
    to Jehovah, our loving Father, as we immerse
    ourselves in doing his will"

A fallacious argument if ever we saw one.

Fact) Dubs do not know when the system will end (although they have claimed to know final years in the past)

Fact) The writer believes that that is a "blessing"

False conclusion - It really is a benefit and saved frustration & disappointment. Many have found it to be the cause of these things.

If anyone, teacher, religious leader or politician says "Clearly" .....Be very suspicious!

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Clearly, our not knowing the exact
    day or hour when this system will
    end has been a blessing for us. Rather
    than being frustrated or disappointed,

Every JW felt reasonably sure that they DID KNOW when The End of the System would come -- because they were told by the WT! The frustration and disappointment they feel is from the fact that what they were told was a lie.

Doc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit