Do you have an invisible friend who talks to you?

by Glander 28 Replies latest jw friends

• MC RubberMallet
    MC RubberMallet

I get the point... I really do... But, with that reasoning, I can't audibly hear my conscience. So it must not be real? I can't hear an email, so that's not real either?

Establishedly, atheists have a lot of good reasonings exposing holes theists can't back up, but this isn't one of them.

• Twitch
    Twitch

lol

My ath gets thor from riding my bike thometimes...

• MC RubberMallet
    MC RubberMallet

I did believe in God, but right now I am defragmenting all my previous beliefs.

Therefore, I am not defending theists, nor atheists, simply deciphering irrelevant arguments. Or trying to at least. But I hate these threads, so I will jump off....

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Thor was bored one Friday night and decided to have some fun with a mortal lady. He headed to the local disco and convinced a young lady to go back to her place with him. Thor has incredible staying power and can use his "hammer" to totally satisfy any mortal. This lady happened to be a nymphomaniac and kept wanting more and more. Thor couldn't believe that no matter how intense it got, she wanted more. He never ever finished with a mortal until she was exhausted, so he kept going with her all weekend.

Finally Sunday morning, she collapsed in sleep and Thor also slept. After about 8 hours, he got up and was preparing to leave. He decided to let the lady know what "honor" she had actually received. He leaned in and said, "Madam, I am Thor."

She replied, "You're Thor? Lithen buddy, I'm tho thor I don't think I can even pith."

But on subject: It's all been covered here. People read in their Bible or other literature about God speaking to humans and they decide that they can hear from God also. They start by believing that God has already contacted them (somehow) and all that is left is actually hearing him. We have many who start to believe the voice is real and not something created within their own brains. We also have many fakers.

• elderelite
    elderelite

Mc, one does not "hear" their concious. You feel it... Its guilt when you do something you have been taught is wrong and a good feeling when you do something you have been taugh is proper.... But its all a chemical response, not a voice talking to you.

• MC RubberMallet
    MC RubberMallet

EE - I see. But guilt or pleasure has a way of "speaking" to the person, albeit figurative speech. In one's brain, it will make them feel good or condemned. There will be a voice that says "Good job" or "Yo, son, WTF?" Not a literal voice, i agree.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

My invisible friend is Jennifer Love Hewitt.

• mP
    mP

You have completely mis understood the bible. The Bible is not about an invisible sky person, its about nature. Gods power is nature in all its glory and power and indiscriminate actions. When you understand the strange mis-actions and so on are simply nature doing its thing, the bible makes perfect sense once we appreicate that those ancients had a limited understnading of "science".

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

My Lord, the Household God ( I want my God to be on a lofty throne, not cleaning houses)--Does this personal God ever say things which you do not want to hear? I wonder if he instructs someone to murder someone on a whim and then be executed for it. For good measure, correct everyone else, even if God talks to them, b/c only your conversations with God have any importance.

True, Jesus heard voices. Jesus was the Incarnation of God, though. It is sort of like talking to yourself or carrying on a running commentary with your dog.

I guess if a demigod or angel talks with you, it has no status. No, only the big dude will do.

Even former JWs attract an eccentric crowd.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit