Do you have an invisible friend who talks to you?

by Glander 28 Replies latest jw friends

• FlyingHighNow
  • Soldier77
    Soldier77

I get what you're saying AK-Jeff, if someone comes up to you and says, "I heard a voice in my head and it told me ...." you would be concerned with their mental health and try to help them or rather help them get the proper help.

But if that same person says, "My Lord God blahblahblah spoke to me and said the end is near!" It gets a free pass. Invoking "god" or some "spirit" in the claim seems to let people think that this is okay.

That's how f'd up our society is. You have people spouting off about their lord of god or whatever speaking to them and with no way to validate it, it makes it alright. But if you said, my dead grandmother was speaking to me last night, HELLO! Crazy farm for you!

Seriously though, it is a mental illness, get help if you hear voices and aren't joking about it.

• Glander
    Glander

I don't see the photo I posted with my opening. It was a movie poster for the Jimmy Stewart movie "Harvey". The movie was entertaining and also a subtle metaphor of believers.

If the voice you hear is telling you to "... be happy, don't worry airyting gonna be otay...", I dont see a big problem. But if the voice tells you to stick a sharp pencil in the ear of the person next to you on the bus....

• Glander
    Glander

Would it be considered "insider trading" if a BAC made a lot of money in the stock market?

• elderelite
    elderelite

Glad thor is busy! He has ignored me today

• cedars
    cedars

Elderelite

Glad thor is busy! He has ignored me today

It's easy to be ignored by someone who only exists in your imagination.

Cedars

• 00DAD
    00DAD

elderelite, Do you get Thor from spending time in the thaddle?

• elderelite
    elderelite

OOdad, I dont "get" thor... My lord speaks to me and i tell as i hear. If you dont "get" it then you simply need to ASK him! Listen as he "speaks"! Balh blah blah blah nobody reads this far! Throw in " quotes" to make it seem smart and vaugly importaf, more blah! Rant rant fant blah blah! My lord sprinkled in randomly blah blah lord blah blah "speaks" blah blah

Peace to you

• talesin
    talesin

00DAD - I don't think so, not from what he's said!~

• 00DAD
    00DAD

You're all just jealous because my invisible friend doesn't talk to YOU!

Neener, neener, neener!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit