I've been enlightened.

by Emery 46 Replies latest jw friends

• sizemik
    sizemik

Welcome aboard.

• Gayle
    Gayle

Welcome! I am so glad you are young yet, willing to investigate and search for yourself, and gain freedom of mind and heart. Wonderful also that your wife is suspecting something is not right there with the Watchtower organization. I hope many more young ones as you start seeing the need to review and re-evaluate the sneaky mind control of the organization's beliefs and hurtful policies.

Best wishes to you.

• Emery
    Emery

Hah thanks for the welcome everyone. Surprisingly I know of maybe 8 friends from my congregation alone who are on the bubble. Unfortunately I cannot say much to them since most of their fathers are elders. They have that borderline 'apostate' language when we hang out...of course everyone is scared to say anything that can come back to bite them.

• kimbo
    kimbo

Hi and welcome aboard.

• sizemik
    sizemik

When you've seen the man behind the curtain and mentally opt out . . . it then hits you as to how highly controlled it all is.

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

Hello Emery,

It's always nice to listen to the words of a Witness that has concluded on his own that Watchtower can't have the truth. Your post was very well written and an enjoyable read.

The thing that finally becomes the deal breaker varies from person to person, but the FDS is certainly a big issue for anyone that bothers to think about it, and it serves as a tipping point for many Witnesses. The other things -- false dates (1914, etc), the United Nations affair, pedofile problems, and various silly doctrinal beliefs -- add support.

Welcome to the board, and I hope you are able to learn a lot and get plenty of encouragement from other posters. I certainly have.

• neverscreamagain
    neverscreamagain

Welcome Emery!

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Welcome!

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Your good fortune is that it sound like you made this discovery while you still have most of your life ahead of you.

Many here were not so lucky fortunate.

Doc

• wasblind
    wasblind

The old ones are more likely to be set in their ways, not all but most

I believe if there is an exodus from this mess, it will be in a movement

of the young ones.

Technology allows the access of more info, and it is easier to see all the lies

told in the past.

Welcome to the board

like others here, you can keep us updated to the trends

until your break away completely

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit