Rumors-that circulated about you ( when you left.)

by Pitchess Co-Gen 29 Replies latest jw friends

• Pitchess Co-Gen
    Pitchess Co-Gen

It seems they can't even let you get disfellowshipped in peace ! I've been out for three years now, and I heard that I'm a whack job, I'm gay ( I'm married with a son ), that I lied on a judicial committee, and these rumors were started by my ex-fiance and her meddling congregation. When I heard about these things I called my P.O or C.O.T.B.E ( mind you I'm disfellowshipped when I called ) . I told him I heard all of the things people are saying about me and my family, and I told him this discouraging me from coming back. You know what that man told me and I quote : " If that's your prerogative . That's your prerogative. " He told me your getting what you deserved.

By the way I jacked this topic from another site.

• Simon Morley
    Simon Morley

I was too proud to go to meetings because I stepped aside as an elder.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

I don't give a shit about what they say, they have no influence in my life.

• JeffT
    JeffT

We never found out what they said. Our letter said we'd sue them if they said anything other than that we were no longer witnesses by our own choice. A few weeks after we sent out the letter a car group working our neighborhood crossed the street to avoid walking in front of our house, I guess they thought the apostate cooties would jump on them or something.

• JWOP
    JWOP

They were saying that I thought I was some kind of prophet and that I believed God spoke directly to me. None of which was true, but still it was the fodder for conversation.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

A rumor that circulated about me was that I was disfellowshipped. Which was funny cuz I was never baptized.

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

You deserved to be slandered by people who are supposed to be Christians?

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

I got the disfellowshipped rumor too. It was 2 or 3 years after I stopped attending meetings. Within a 4 month period about half a dozen Witnesses asked me if I had been disfellowshipped, as I ran into them in a store or elsewhere in town.

There was no mention of it before, nor any mention of it since, so I know it was a rumor that was going around at the time.

• Quentin
    Quentin

It was not what was said, rather it was how Kathy and I were treated. Once we were invited to a Saturday Bar-BQ by my cousin. Kathy made potato salad and we brought drinks. When we got there his wife answered the door, "Verons not here" she said. "How soon will he get back?" "Late", "well he said to be here at 2 for a cookout." "I wouldn't know anything about that", she then shut the door firmly. We left the drinks on the porch and I dumped the potato salad in the flower bed.

When I confronted him at the next meeting he denied making the invitation. That was the last time I set foot in the Garland kh. Maybe someday I'll tell the story of my exit from the wt, there were other slights and outright embarrassment situations with us getting the s___ end of the stick.

But then again what does it matter, that was thirty years ago. They can all go suck big donkey honkers. That includes you dear cousin and your neurotic wife.

• thenoblelodge
    thenoblelodge

Not to sure what has been circulated, like Quentin it was more to do with how we were treated.

I did tell the PO that I would take legal advice if they mentioned any of our names off the platform, seems up to now they have heeded my advice, hehehe. Stuff has been said but I really don't care...not any more anyways.

Peace

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit