Rumors-that circulated about you ( when you left.)

by Pitchess Co-Gen 29 Replies latest jw friends

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

I don't know what they are saying about me,and I could care less. I figure if they really cared about me,they would call and see how I am doing. But,instead,they choose the shunning method,and I'm not disfellowshipped.

There are a couple who are nice to me.

It's weird,my mother keeps telling me of all these people from her hall who never go to meetings anymore. She knows I don't go anymore. Yet,she still wonders why all these other members of her hall stopped going. It's quite a few. I can't help smile to myself every time I hear of someone new. I'm hoping they are all waking up.

It used to be many missed meetings now and again. Now,they are just not going at all.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

How would I know? The JWs all shun me, but ....

Two things happened that PROVES that the JW myth of Confidentiality is bogus:

1) Three years after I was DF'd an elder finally came by to call on me as per WTBTS directions regarding DF individuals in the territory. But even then it was only because I requested it. Note that even though I have lived in this general locale for nearly five decades and was an elder for over 20 years, the local elders sent a newbie that didn't even know me. We had never met before and this was from a congregation I had NEVER attended prior to being DF'd. Curiously in conversation he mentioned "hypothetically" the exact reason I'd been disfellowshipped.

I called him on it asking how he knew why I was disfellowshipped. He back-pedaled and claimed it was a coincidence and that he was guessing. I of course accused him of lying and said if he didn't have the courage to be honest then he better leave as I couldn't respect a liar. He left promptly but only after giving me a lame, "If there's anything I can do to help ...." line.

2) I did run into a woman that some of the JWs in my ex-congregation used to call on back in the day. I knew her because I tutored her sons a few years back. She told me that the JWs gave her an earful about why I was disfellowshipped. She also told me that she was appalled they told her details that were none of her business and told the JWs that. I tend to believe her because she was always pretty outspoken.

We talked for 15 or 20 minutes and she affirmed how much she appreciated all I did to help her boys and how much that meant to all of them.

She gave me a nice warm hug when we ended the conversation.

Which one of these two individuals displayed true compassion and forgiveness, the JW Elder or the "worldly" woman?

00DAD

• NCO
    NCO

I'm sure there was plenty of talk when I got fired. I prefer the term 'fired' over the proprietary term 'disfellowshipped' because I was no longer considered an unpaid volunteer employee of a publishing company run by a group of grouchy out-of-touch old men in Brooklyn.

I'd had plenty of talk about me in the years leading up to my firing so by the time I finally did leave, which happens to be 20 years ago this month, I haven't bothered to care what any of them had to say about why.

Only time "talk" got back to me after my firing was back in the 90's when my mom called me in a panic to see if I was ok. Um yeah mom I'm fine, why do you ask? Seems someone in their congregation saw a news report from Atlanta where some one with a name somewhat similar to mine was shot and immediately did the assume thing and created a panic.

I told someone recently that the JW's gossip network is worse that that of the U.S. Army. When was the last time you heard about smurfs in an Army Chapel?

• NOLAW
    NOLAW

And you didn't reply him: 'Get ******'?

I admire your patience Pitchess Co-Gen.

• hemp lover
    hemp lover

@Quentin: I didn't know you were from Garland. I bet we know some of the same people. I'd like to hear your exit story if you're ever in the mood to share.

To the OP: I never heard rumors after I was DFed, but I did hear some when I got engaged to my first and only ex-husband. Specifically, that I wouldn't be able to have a wedding in a Kingdom Hall (not true - Richardson, TX, KH ftw) and that I was getting married because I was pregnant (elephantine gestation as I didn't give birth to my one and only till four years after aforementioned KH wedding). Oddly enough, both of those rumors were started in the cong I grew up in (Illinois) and not anywhere near where I lived (Texas [Go, Rangers!]).

Idiots.

• finally awake
    finally awake

I haven't heard any gossip about me or Just Ron, but I haven't talked to anyone who would have heard any of it either. I doubt that the gossip mill has been totally silent regarding our abrupt departure, but I really don't care what they may be saying. Sometimes I do get the urge to screw with them though - call up the COBOE and tell him something horrible about Just ROn, or claim to be hooked on heroin. But that would require me to actually speak to one of them, and I just don't see it happening LOL

• whathappened
    whathappened

Rumor has it that my sister quit going to the KH because she is bi polar. Of course, there must be something wrong with "her." I've heard they think that I am a huge card carrying apostate. Neither of us have been df's or da'd. We are shunned by some, hugged by others. It's amusing.

• gymbob
    gymbob

I supposedly cheated on my wife after I left, and I think that's what she told the elders about why she has, "scriptural grounds" to file divorce papers. I call NOT FAIR...Got accused of something that I didn't even get to do! Gym bob.

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas

Gossip is a national pastime in Latin American countries.

Let's see:

1. I was smoking marijuana and wearing Rastafarian clothes. (I played bass for a ska band briefly)

2. I was having a baby with my clandestine lesbian lover. (I'm guessing someone saw me shopping at a maternity store with one of my female friends)

3. I knocked my mum out cold. (Exaggeration: Actually I slapped her in the face)

4. I was moving to be with my internet lover in Europe somewhere. (Probably an attempt to muddle the question of parentage)

5. I became a Catholic. (I stood as godmother to one of my friend's children)

They actually said worse things about me when I was still in.

• sd-7
    sd-7

I have no idea what they say nowadays. Some folks have even sent their greetings, though probably not anyone who would get in trouble for that. One guy thought I'd braided my hair. At most, I have a scruffy beard. I think he mistook someone else for me.

I can be sure they may have talked about it at some point, but then they talked about everyone. [Deep breathing] If a JW gossips about you and you're not there to hear it, did they make a sound? [In through nose...out through mouth...]

--sd-7

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit