Serena Wins Wimbleton

by RubaDub 48 Replies latest jw friends

• therevealer
    therevealer

"I will never date again is what I mean," Williams responded to a user, KeithOneal1, who asked her "You don't 'date' what exactly do you do?"

To which she replied: I masterdate

Serena Williams is an amazing human being, and I find the efforts by some here to castigate her to be both petty and shameful. Jealousy is such an ugly human attribute . . .

• Quendi
    Quendi

@ 144001: Amen and amen! I completely agree with you. She's gifted and talented and has taken advantage of it to do what she loves and earn a pile of money besides. As I once said of Bill Gates, who has also been the target of many people's spleen and scorn, I know those who if they were in the same position would do and be much worse. Serena's doing just fine.

Quendi

• therevealer
    therevealer

I don't think anyone is castigating Serena as such. It is just that these ones emphasize the societies hypocrysy and stupidity.

• Little Imp
    Little Imp

I am surprised that she says she is a JW since when my husband and I last attended meetings, around three years ago now, it was frowned upon to have any sort of career that interfered with meeting attendance.

My husband worked shifts and he was asked when he was going to change his job so that he could attend ALL meetings and FS. Obviously, he didn't change his job because his heart wasn't in being a JW but the difference here is that she is professing to be a JW, so it seems that the rules can be bent when it suits.

I have nothing against Serena at all and have nothing but admiration for someone who can work hard and attain a high level in whatever they do but that just doesn't accord with the talks we all attended in our time at the KHs. In fact, I always hated it when the talks criticized such people as everyone should be able to earn a living in the best way they can and this is her way.

• Little Imp
    Little Imp

I am surprised that she says she is a JW since when my husband and I last attended meetings, around three years ago now, it was frowned upon to have any sort of career that interfered with meeting attendance.

My husband worked shifts and he was asked when he was going to change his job so that he could attend ALL meetings and FS. Obviously, he didn't change his job because his heart wasn't in being a JW but the difference here is that she is professing to be a JW, so it seems that the rules can be bent when it suits.

I have nothing against Serena at all and have nothing but admiration for someone who can work hard and attain a high level in whatever they do but that just doesn't accord with the talks we all attended in our time at the KHs. In fact, I always hated it when the talks criticized such people as everyone should be able to earn a living in the best way they can and this is her way.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Guess who I saw today? I got to see the first match she played after winning the singles and doubles at Wimbledon....I took lots of great pics of her.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

She'll be an ex-JW one day. She's going through a spiritual time in her life, and migrating to the religion of her youth. But, my guess, is that she's too independent of a woman and too far traveled to completely swallow the WTS bullshit. She'll realize that the control the WTS tries to exert over its members is wrong. Even a few JWs I know confessed to me that the WTS has "cult like" qualities . . . .

• besty
    besty

Jehovahs Witnesses = Scientology for black people

She will be like her Dad - My God is Jehovah, but the day to day details of the Watchtower? Pah. Thats for the little people.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit