Why I truly come in!

by justmom 160 Replies latest jw friends

• still thinking
    still thinking

I think we're getting somewhere with Zeus....he has connections. His brother Hades (lord of the underworld) is also mentioned in the bible.

¦Mat 16:18 (gates of Hades shall not prevail)
    ¦Luke 10:15 (brought down to Hades)
    ¦Luke 16:23 (in torments in Hades)
    ¦Acts 2:27 (not leave my soul in Hades)
    ¦Acts 2:31 (His soul was not left in Hades)
    ¦1 Cor 15:55 (O Hades, where is your victory?)
    ¦Rev 1:18 (keys of Hades)
    ¦Rev 6:8 (Hades followed with him)
    ¦Rev 20:13 (Hades delivered up the dead)
    ¦Rev 20:14 (Death and Hades were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.)

Now if Zeus and Hades are real....his father Cronus must be real too.....but he overthrew his father...which is a pretty shitty way to behave if you ask me.

• still thinking
    still thinking

What is it with Gods and castrating?????

Cronus also castrated his father Uranus....then the loving Cronus ate each of his children as they were being born....yeeechtttt!!! So his wife Rhea tricked him into swallowing a rock (don't know why that worked)...and then gave birth to Zeus and his brothers.

Zeus then revolted against Cronus and the other Titans and banished them to Tartarus in the uderworld......oooooh another reference found in the bible....must be true....

• still thinking
    still thinking

Uranus is the son & husband of Gaea (Gaia) the earth goddess....ewwwwwwww And they are the parents of all the other ancient greek gods.

This earth mother embodying the fertile earth and producing deities seems to be reflected in most older religions....must be true...

• still thinking
    still thinking
    Hermaphrodites have ALL the fun...Entirely Possible

Ya reakon?

• still thinking
    still thinking

In Syrian Gnosis the Sophia mythos seems to reflect a simialar idea for formation of the lower world and production of its rulers Archons. The holy spirit moving over the waters is also called the mother of all the living.

Under her are the four material elements—water, darkness, abyss, and chaos. With her, combine themselves the two supreme masculine lights, the first and the second man, the Father and the Son, the latter being also designated as the Father's ennoia. From their union proceeds the third imperishable light, the third man, Christ. But unable to support the abounding fulness of this light, the mother in giving birth to Christ, suffers a portion of this light to overflow on the left side. While, then, Christ as dexios (He of the right hand) mounts upward with his mother into the imperishable Aeon, that other light which has overflowed on the left hand, sinks down into the lower world, and there produces matter. And this is the Sophia, called also Aristera (she of the left hand), Prouneikos and the male-female.

Can't disprove it so far...must be true....

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Following the logic given for the existence of Jesus Christ, then all those Norse Gods, Godesses and their complex relationships and shinanigans must have been real too. Certainly to the Norse people up until Christianity took over as the dominant belief system they were REAL.

After all, it is far beyond the scope of the human imagination to just make this shit up, right?

Christians, I CHALLENGE you to follow that thought thru to it's logical conclusion for just a few seconds before your panic defense shields go up.

• still thinking
    still thinking

Indian Gods are interesting....and soooooo many to choose from....

But the main ones would have to be the Trimurti, as the name suggests..there are three that get top billing. Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva.

File:Trimurti ellora.jpg

Now Brahma is the creator god and is the father of Manu, who is the progenator of all mankind and was the first king to rule the earth and save mankind from the universal flood....(wait! did he say flood?).

This seems a bit different...something must be wrong...either one of the goddessess created mankind or maybe this god....hmmmmm I smell a rat!

Oh hang on...Brahma was apparently born in a lotus flower or water...no one is sure which. A seed from this later became the universe (Brahmanda). Brahma is supposed to be the son of the supreme being Brahman and the female energy known as Prakrti (meaning nature). According to hinduism this is the basic nature of intelligence by which the universe exists and functions....ahhhh..back to the goddess...mother nature....

[edit] and here are all these scientists trying to figure out if there is anything outside the known universe.... one day they might see the giant lotus flower out there and they will have the understanding of it all that I do...ROFL ...

• still thinking
    still thinking
    After all, it is far beyond the scope of the human imagination to just make this shit up, right?...Witness My Fury

Well....that would have to be correct wouldn't it....must be true...

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

I was wondering yesterday (on this thread) what religion would we have today based on the works of Tolkien if he'd lived and written his works 2000 - 3000 years ago.

• still thinking
    still thinking

Gosh...don't you have enough to go on Witness My Fury? LOL Do we really need more?...

The Christian mythstory history is starting to seem pretty boring compared to all the others we have to choose from.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit