Sushi Lovers thread!!

by Open mind 41 Replies latest jw friends

• Open mind
    Open mind

What's your favorite?

om

• baltar447
    baltar447

Haven't met a sushi I didn't like. California roll, tuna roll, tried alot and hasn't been any that I can think of that I didn't like.

• baltar447
    baltar447

Love mixing the wasabi and soy sauce then dipping muh sushi in it.

• Open mind
    Open mind

Over time, great places and mediocre places combined, what I can almost always count on is fresh Sake.

(Not the booze, the fish.)

om

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Been eating it since the late 70's.

THe place I go to on the weekend is in Forest Hills, since it's a residential neighborhood the manager knows just about everybody by name and remembers what they like. She always tells me about the different fish that's in season and takes the time to explain it to me.

I'm a big lover of sea urchin (uni) which is an acquired taste. If the average person saw you eating it, they would probably go uuuggghhhh, but I love it along with medium fatty tuna, sweet shrimp which are seasonal, love the giant clam which comes from the geoduck, bonito, some other seasonal things I don't even remember the name of.

• Dagney
    Dagney

The heavens parted and I think I heard angels singing the first time I had sushi.

I have had some fun things in the past but lately I stick to the local teppan restaurant that makes me feel like Norm every time I walk in. I like the fancy stuff, but love raw fish. They cut mean, fat pieces of salmon that melt in your mouth. And sometimes the yellow tail is perfect, and sweet.

Boring I know, but we dream about their salmon sushi.

Et vous?

• Open mind
    Open mind

Hey there ShirleyW!

I couldn't bring myself to try uni for years.

Finally worked up the nerve to try it at a place in Sausalito, CA that earned itself one Michelin star: Sushi Ran.

Mmmmmm. Kind of like foie gras without the guilt!

Delicious but very rich.

om

• eva luna
    eva luna

Wasabi...quite a lovely head rush...

Pink Godzilla does what I call 'acid' sushi. Shrimp tempura roll with macadamia nut and sliced mango. They have all sorts of mixed up stuff on the board with funky names.

Their spicey california roll, will make a sinuse infection disapear. The eel is perfection, with just enough toasted sesame seeds and a little drop of toasted seasame oil.

Not traditional, but fun.

Sake-it to me. nothing better than a loud greeting from behind the knives.

• baltar447
    baltar447

LOVE Tempura roll!

• xchange
    xchange

Sashimi lover here. If you're ever in Vancouver, a cool place is Kadoya's on Denman or Davies in the West End.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit