Any new light on windows in the KH

by jam 38 Replies latest jw friends

• Miles3
    Miles3

Municipal ordinance. Wouldn't want the crazy to leak out and start contaminating the area. That stuff gets nasty.

• rather be in hades
    rather be in hades

the explanation i was given is the same thing that nolaw said, after the 'trials and triblations' they faced before (a self fulfilling prophecy i might add) they decided to stop using windows for kingdom halls for security.

i wonder if that means they'll start stock piling guns for the great tribulation. after all...it IS spiritual warfare...

• InquiryMan
    InquiryMan

Never saw a KH without windows until I visited the United States.

Been to/seen halls in Denmark, Sweden, Finland, Norway, Iceland, Germany, the Netherlands, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Greece, Poland, Grenada, Barbados - all had windows...

• JakeM2012
    JakeM2012

"This could be due to the fact that they built in a subdivision that has restrictions and may have been forced to put them in."

This is a valid point. Quick build standardized plans do not come with windows. I'm alittle rusty on this, but the local elders (congregation) have to ask for them. In one city in Texas the brothers took the standardized quick build plans to the city to get a building permit. The city denied the permit, said the congregation must hire an architect, structural engineer, and comply with building code. Architecturally the code reads that every x number of feet there will be a column, corner, window, or other architectual feature. The city further told RBC, "your not building an ugly box in this city".

Of course the QB brothers were arrogant and difficult trying to push the matter, but the city won. Cities now have master planners and are trying to build more aesthetically pleasing buildings in the community. I can see their frustration. What if someone wanted to build an ugly house next to yours?

In rural areas the standardized plans are just built with little regard to building a beautiful building. David and Solomon would be ashamed.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

When I think about spiritual teaching, I get a visual of being outdoors in fresh air in a park like setting, on a natural stone bench.

Being sealed up inside a sterile building with artificial lights makes me think of a corporate cubicle job.

Leaving windows out of the design also makes it tougher to get a second witness to the ministrations of Brother McLean.

• SadElder
    SadElder

I remember giving a talk in a hall that had a window behind the platform looking out into a pretty garden type setting. It was quite unique and added a nice touch. I'm sure some jerk of a CO came at sometime and made them get rid of it.

• jam
    jam

Sad elder: Never seen that before,(window behind the

speaker, Kingdumb hall or any church). Which would be A

more effective talk on paradise, A pretty garden type setting

behind the speaker or A large sign with the year text.

Thanks to all for your comments on the subject. Our freinds

now understand why there are no windows in the local KH,

they are A ( her words) peculiar religion. That,s an understatement.

• blondie
    blondie

sadelder, I went to a KH like that near Sebring, Florida.

• SadElder
    SadElder

Jam: it was an inviting scene, i enjoyed sitting their after the talk during the Tower study looking at the design.

Blondie: it was a Florida KH but too many talks and too many years ago to remember where. Not Sebring because I never visited there but could have been near there. Sorry brain went to mush from too many mind numbing sessions.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit