Any new light on windows in the KH

by jam 38 Replies latest jw friends

• jam
    jam

Remodeling is being done on the KH in my area.

Friends have come to me inquiring about the remodeling.

It,s been two months. First they ask , why no windows.

I told them some KH have windows. Soon after windows

where installed ( the frame work for windows). I got A call

yesterday from A friend and she told me they cemented the

windows. Sure enough they did, I drove by yesterday. All

sides the windows are plastered over, not one single window.

One friend said she will stop by one day and ask, why no windows.

I laugh, well you can do that but be prepared for A hounding.

I told them I would ask the expert, and who would that be they ask.

EX-JW,s.

• donuthole
    donuthole

My local hall was remodeled with windows. However, every Kingdom Hall I spotted on a cross country road trip had no windows.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Not sure. Our old KH had no windows that I can recall. The one they built around 20 years ago had windows in the second school, library and multi-purpose room. None in the auditorium though. I know it has been mentioned on here before but I'm not really sure as to what is the deal with windows in the KH.

• blondie
    blondie

1) Invention of AC/no windows feasible

2) Burglary issues/I have seen smaller windows up higher

3) Cheaper insurance with no windows/cheaper building costs

• panhandlegirl
    panhandlegirl

Our KHs always had windows. Granted that was in the 60s - 70s. Haven't been in a KH since then.

• jam
    jam

Thanks folks. Blondie I guess it would be cheaper, never

thought about that.

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

My Dad designed a bunch of khs. My x husband designed a couple. All had windows. Windows can be expensive (I know... I work for a major window company) so cutting costs can be a reason...or breakins.... I also think some jws think that windows are a distraction, and the jws might stare out the windows instead of listening to all that spiritual food.

Coffee

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

http://jw-stuff.goodluckwith.us/Publications/Publications%20-%20Internal/

See under RBC US PDF Design Details and RBC US Presentation Booklet

Maybe you'll find a design there you may like, those are the designs they use for quick builds NONE OF THEM HAVE WINDOWS!!!. Although if it's a remodel, I doubt they'll change a lot about the looks (usually Windows and Doors remain in their current locations)

My take: when the designer came up with these pictures for the KH's, he may have been undereducated and thought "How do I add windows to this in AutoCad, screw it, it has to be out by tomorrow, the local architect will think of it". Then he just published it and thought the locals would've added windows in places they found necessary. Then the locals were like "No Windows - Nooo Lite" and some fuckwad elder tried to make an excuse for this "Yeah, my inside contacts said it only added distractions" and then they just gave the plans to the architect saying this is it according to HQ, adjust for our lot, no windows is correct, it's Nooo Lite.

• finally awake
    finally awake

the local dubs built a hall in 2006. it has windows in the main auditorium. There are also side windows next to the full glass entry door.

• jam
    jam

Coffee: agree, could be A distraction from God,s life

saving word, or GB life saving words.

Anony: LOL. Then the locals were like "no windows

nooo lite."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit