DC Ramblings: A non-comprehensive review of some lowlights

by sir82 31 Replies latest jw friends

• tornapart
    tornapart

Thanks for the lowdown sir82. I'll know when to drop off to sleep now....

sf.. thanks for the kick in the teeth. Been getting a lot of that lately and I for one can do without it. Good for you that you've been out long enough to take the high ground.

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas

A DC would be the worst place to ease a 'worldly' person in. Very few business seminars last for that long, and at least most of those are readily catered and/or have cafeteria/snack facilities onsite. Add in the fact that there are many familes attending with small children who are expected to just be silent during the program, and you have a veritable hodge-podge of stalwarts, people who are trying hard to convince themselves that they are enjoying it, and people who want nothing better than to leave and have no one notice.

The problem for the Society now is that before when they had the translation version of the NWT, regular Witnesses had no ready access to materials to make an independent research. They'd have to go to a library and purposely get it. It's much easier now with the net. This might explain some of the blatant reticence surrounding anyone attempting to research the NWT. Just type in "New World Translation" into a browser, and you'll get about 99 out of 100 negative responses.

• sf
    sf

You are most welcomed. It IS painful, I know. But YOUR PAIN is of NO concern to me. WHY DOES YOUR PAIN OVERRIDE THAT OF THE WT CHILDREN?

And you JUST proved you missed my point ENTIRELY; it's ALWAYS only about YOUR 'teeth'.

THANK YOU KINDLY. I MEAN THAT. THE PUBLIC NEEDS TO SEE THESE REPLIES. KEEP EM' COMING.

sKally, CHILL???????????????????????? LOLOLOLOLOLOL YOU HAVE NO KLUE JUST HOW KOOL I AM DUDE! hahaha

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Thanks for sharing sir! My family just had their DC, so it's interesting to hear any lowlights I can.

The primary scolding occurred in the Friday afternoon talk, "Avoid Testing God In Your Heart"

JWs twist the idea of testing god so much. On one hand they say, "don't put him to the test." But they'll also say, "put him to the test and see his blessing." It's something I like to twist back around on them. Since I'd sacrificed so much for WT and was so miserable, I can play that up saying that I shouldn't have 'put him to the test' by expecting him to bless me and support me materially when I should have been providing for myself.

• yknot
    yknot

sigh.....

Watchtower Sept 1, 1929, pg 271

Yielding to the inherited or acquired weaknesses of the flesh is not the sin unto death, and yet the Devil has led everybody to believe that lying, stealing,swearing, committing adultery, getting drunk or losing one's temper, or any ether of the long list of fleshly weaknesses, constitutes sin unto death. But,on the contrary, all these things are forgivable. This explains why David could be called a man after God'sown heart, his heart was loyal, but his flesh was weak.

Rare moment some of us actually miss Boozerford....

Raises Hand....

Umm did they specify the period in which the drinks were consumed (per day, per hour per morning/afternoon/evening, per talk)?????

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

The New World Translation Committee had Jehovah's backing,

If it had Jehovah's backing, what authority do they have to change Galations 5 :19 from loose conduct to "Brazen conduct"?

• 00DAD
    00DAD

If you doubt, even secretly in your heart, you are testing Jehovah in your heart.

Egads, they even want to control our THOUGHTS!

They're just too fucking weird!

• baltar447
    baltar447

Good point, 00DAD. Thought control, a DEFINATE sign of a cult!

• Mall Cop
    Mall Cop

Who actually rubberstamps these talks? The writing committe, translation committe, legal department, governing body, the society, all the above or does the right hand even know what the left hand is doing? Thanks for the update Sir.

Blueblades/MallCop

• Open mind
    Open mind

For sir82, torn apart, and any other current recipients of sKally's High Horse broken record, I took the time to engage her over the effectiveness of her approach back in August of 2008.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/members/private/164832/1/We-dont-FORCE-FEED-our-children-spiritual-food-Oh-really

Unless she's got something new to add to her morally superior position I have no desire to go down that road again.

om

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit