DC Ramblings: A non-comprehensive review of some lowlights

by sir82 31 Replies latest jw friends

• bobld
    bobld

Sad to say many die heart J.W. will say its the best convention ever.

Friday PM prog.Talk of worshipping man.That 2nd part was all about kissing(gb) ass.

When they say "testing Jehovah in your heart".What they really mean,

you are testing the Governing Body.

• finally awake
    finally awake

I am so glad I didn't have to sit through that crap this year. All hail THor!

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

yknow: [Raises Hand].... "Umm did they specify the period in which the drinks were consumed (per day, per hour per morning/afternoon/evening, per talk)?????"

I think I'll go with the OP "The CDC defines it as 4 or more drinks in a row for females, 5 or more in a row for males." So that would be 4 drinks per morning session for sisters or 5 for brothers. Then after a sensible lunch, another 4 drinks per sister or 5 for brothers during the afternoon session. I think that's about the only way I could endure a crapvention.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Those DC invitations are a waste of time. I live in Pittsburgh. Our conventions are in Cleveland. What person in their right mind would drive 3 hours to hear this crap if they aren't a JW already?

• Gayle
    Gayle

thanks, sir, for update about baptism, that would have been a 11.6% decrease in baptisms,,good. Sounds like baptism numbers are dropping as noted in a half dozen DCs this summer.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

More firepower to hound the flock with. Dancing? They mention "some forms", which the hounders can interpret as any form that is not hokey-pokey. Is it enjoyable? It qualifies as "flirting". And they will use that "brazen conduct" to disfellowship you if you persist, and if they feel like it.

Nice to see the big drop in attendance Friday afternoon. The better use of time is to study the LIE-ble? I bet they don't even study the LIE-ble, bad enough that is. They instead study Washtowel rags and littera-trash that misrepresents the LIE-ble as saying what the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger wishes it to. Going with the boss would have done more than result in fornication--if anything, it may have resulted in a raise. And, with the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger pushing so hard for donations and prices going up on everything, why are they so much against anyone doing something to secure their jobs or get raises? No wonder so many walked out during the noon intermission.

And what about developing your soul? I agree that too much alcohol can invite the filthy angels to ruin your life and ruin your brain, but that is not for me to judge. Fornication? Homosexuality? Neither of that even makes the list of things that can result in spiritual damage. You are better off doing "works of the flesh" than wasting your time doing boasting sessions (where you are taught not to develop your soul under death threat) or field circus (where you are earning damnation by instructing others to not develop their souls under death threat). And, if you are going to study the LIE-ble, better to study the original translations to see if you are even getting accurate information as to what is contained therein. If you are going to abide by it, you should reserve the right to see for yourself that you actually are.

Good thing I am not wasting any more time attending these wastefests. Soul degeneration, damnation including coming back in a future life as a super-strict Christian or orthodox Jew under ultra-strict kosher laws, is not what I want. Liberty, enlightenment, and development of my soul (including use of magic) is a far superior outcome than being under ultra-strict Jewish, Christian, or Muslim laws and ultimately soul degeneration where everything I do is what I am told by some ultra-orthodox religious priest. I am already close enough to that as it is, with these filthy angels and all. I wish not to attend these soul-damning sessions and make it even worse.

• nugget
    nugget

It is little wonder that witnesses are such miserable people. Being told that even having fleeting thoughts that something isn't right is now considered bad. They have formed a religion based on the idea that a small group of people studied the Bible independently and were blessed by God. However anyone els carrying out their own research would not be able to reach the same conclusions because they would not be blessed by God. This is madness. The Bible says search for me and I will be found. The premise of Christianity is a sincere effort to find God through personnal growth so everything they say flies in the face of the Bible.

They know that a small kernel of doubt can take root so they are trying to stamp it out before it has a chance to develop. Historically it was accepted that some people had doubts and providing they didn't express them then they were allowed to carry on. This thought control implies that having doubts of any kind is sin. It increases the fear of censure and starts someone on the path to Df'ing much quicker than before.

I am truly grateful to be away from the nonsense and I can spend my weekend watching Tennis and sipping wine.

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

I'm going next weekend. Sir82 I am surprised you even listened that much. I pretty much play with my iPhone the entire time and claim to my wife that I am looking up the scriptures on it. I wish I could promise to post notes the following Monday but I wont have any.

• fedup
    fedup

Question;

If we use the WT principles in counting, can we overlap the 4 and 5 drinks rule we consume so we can S-T-R-E-T-C-H our binges?

Just asking

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

fedup: "...overlap the 4 and 5 drinks rule..."

I like that! Overlapping drinks would actually mean that you would have 4 or 5 glasses and keep refilling each as frequently as necessary until the "Last Days" finally end.

I'd choose one for beer, one for wine, one for gin & tonic, one for whiskey, not sure about the fifth.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit