It happened!!!! my first HOLE in ONE!!!!

by dreamgolfer 35 Replies latest social humour

• FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005

Congratulations -- I know the thrill. I only have one and have been at it for some 58 years.

Your next thrill may be to shoot your age. At 72 I've done that 2 weeks in a row (only golf on Wednesdays). 69 and 68 consecutively.

Um ... you need to pick out an easy course like the one we play at. Ha!!! Yes, it's par 72 but no watered fairways means your drive is landing like in a parking lot. That's the upside. The downside is your scoring shots must hit the green or fringe -- else they're landing on a parking lot.

Len

• AnneB
    AnneB

You know what I like about your post? That you said "My first...". Great attitude!

Congrats! from AnneB

• dreamgolfer
    dreamgolfer

Thank you Len, and Also AnneB (i think i did that unconsciously)

I like the idea of finding an easy course as I get older - I was with a guy last week at 72 of age he shot 71 - par for our golf course, he was happy happy!

AnneB, are you a golfer, too?

Thanks for the response back, I only wish others can experiance the same thrill - what a pleasure and honor,

• gymbob
    gymbob

Congratulations Dreamgolfer! Still waiting for mine to happen. I haven't even got an Eagle yet! Even my wife has made an Eagle!

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

Congratulations. Thanks for sharing your happy event with us.

• Momma-Tossed-Me
  • RubaDub
    RubaDub

Congradulations !!!

The closest I ever came was with an 8 iron on a slightly elevated par 3 (about 160 yards). The last I could see was the ball rolling directly toward the pin. When I walked up on the green, the ball was about 10 inches DIRECTLY behind the hole. Not sure how it ended there but it must have rolled by the hole within an inch or so and then made a break.

I was an MS then and maybe Sparlock was blocking the hole.

Back to the driving range .. lol

Rub a Dub

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

congrats!

Um you know you're spose to buy us all a round?!?

• jam
    jam

Dreamgolfer: I hope you wasn,t playing alone. I

shot A 79 A year ago, before that day I was in the low

90,s. No one beleive me because I was alone.

Congratulation, I have never even witness A hole in one.

Golfers can play A lifetime and never get A hole in one.

• flipper
    flipper

DREAMGOLFER- Congrats on your 1st hole in one ! Right on ! My son Flipper Junior had a hole in one back when he was 15 yrs.old on a Par 3 -115 yd. hole. He hit a pitching wedge at the front of the green , then rolled right in . I'm still waiting for my 1st hole in one since I started golfing in 1993 . Several times I came close to within 2 inches of the hole off the tee - but never sunk one in. I'm stoked for ya ! Good job ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit