Jehovah's Witnesses never claimed to be Prophets

by anonread 41 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

-

Watchtower — Hollow Prophecy available at: http://marvinshilmer.blogspot.com/2011/12/watchtower-hollow-prophecy.html

Pot. Kettle. Black.

Marvin Shilmer

http://marvinshilmer.blogspot.com

• OldGenerationDude
    OldGenerationDude

"So, does Jehovah have a prophet to help them, to warn them of dangers and to declare things to come? These questions can be answered in the affirmative. Who is this prophet?...This 'prophet' was not one man, but was a body of men and women. It was the small group of footstep followers of Jesus Christ, known at that time as International Bible Students. Today they are known as Jehovah's Christian witnesses.... Of course, it is easy to say that this group acts as a 'prophet' of God. It is another thing to prove it. The only way that this can be done is to review the record. What does it show? "--" They Shall Know that a Prophet Was Among Them," The Watchtower , April 1, 1972, p. 197.

Any Jehovah's Witness who says that they never claimed to be a prophet is not only incorrect, they are also acting as apostates by denying the above testimony of the Governing Body.

• Farkel
    Farkel

Ah, I love that 1972 Watchtower article!

:Who is this prophet?...This 'prophet' was not one man, but was a body of men AND women. It was the small group of footstep followers of Jesus Christ, known at that time as International Bible Students. Today they are known as Jehovah's Christian witnesses.

Yeah? Name ONE woman who was one of "Jehovah's Christian witnesses" who EVER acted as a prophet for that religion?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Farkel

• God_Delusion
    God_Delusion

Superb thread!

I simply had to use your comments in my article (hope you all don't mind, but your words are gold).

http://www.jehovahswitnessblog.com/jehovahs-witness-prophecies/are-jehovahs-witnesses-false-prophets/

Cheers!

Jaymes

• mP
    mP

I guess anyone can write articles for the A! or WT ?

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

At the time of my leaving I had a watchtower - I think it was May 1959 (could be wrong here) In that watchtower it said that the Governing Body was the mouthpiece of Jehovah. That my friends is saying you are a prophet.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

*** w50 9/1 p. 286 par. 14 Living According to Superior Knowledge ***
    Christendom will go on refusing to accept the knowledge of Jehovah God at the mouths and hands of his witnesses. But the awesome hour draws near when she will be made to know that these have been God's witnesses, his "prophet among them", and that He is Jehovah and that since 1914 his King, Jesus Christ, rules in the kingdom for the new world.

*** w51 10/1 pp. 602-603 par. 9 Laying the Stone in Completion ***
    These men not only are blind but are in a stupor. They get all mixed up with the message of truth and with themselves, and their teachings are getting them down. They do not know what to do or where to go. They are as those drunk, reeling to and fro, first leaning on this organization and then on that; making a concordat with one ruling power, and then with another one on the opposing side. They go backward and forward, but still will not hear the truth, despising it and those who bring it, often to the point of insults, violence, false charges and inciting of mobs. These are the modern-day "drunkards of Ephraim". Jehovah's witnesses, the modern Isaiah class, tell them the truth in an endeavor to save them from coming destruction, and warn them to flee from the wrath to come. But to do this they will have to change their ways. In their inebriated condition they refuse to hearken. No, they cannot hear. And say they, Why should we be pestered by such petty matters which these Jehovah's witnesses say, continually annoying us? To these antitypical "drunkards" it is an endless series of painful sufferings. Why all this talk of Armageddon and the end of the world? However, the faithful servants keep preaching, though necessary at times to say, "Wherefore hear the word of Jehovah, ye scoffers, that rule this people." Or, "Therefore hear the word of the LORD, you scoffing men, you satirists among this people who are in Jerusalem!" (Isa. 28:14, AT) Jeeringly, odiously and disgustingly, they scoff at God's message and try to ridicule his directions, but Jehovah still bears patiently and "the word of Jehovah [shall] be unto them precept upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, there a little; that they may go, and fall backward, and be broken, and snared, and taken". (Isa. 28:13, AS) This is not a word to the faithful modern-day Isaiah class to comfort them with a little truth here and a little truth there, but is a reply in no uncertain terms against these "drunkards". Jehovah will so speak to this mocking nation. Had not this prophet's lips been touched and purified by a seraph? And still he was condescending and gentle, even as a nurse tending little ones. This is the way it is going on, says Jehovah, even ‘command on command'. How long will God's patience last? Until the "stone is laid in Zion". For then judgment will come and the execution will not be long delayed. "What shall we say, then? That people of the nations, although not pursuing righteousness, caught up with righteousness, the righteousness that results from faith; but Israel, although pursuing a law of righteousness, did not attain to the law. For what reason? Because he pursued it, not by faith, but as by works. They stumbled on the ‘stone of stumbling'; as it is written: ‘Look! I am laying in Zion a stone of stumbling and a rock-mass of offense, but he that rests his faith on it will not come to disappointment.'" (Rom. 9:30-33, NW) The rulers of Christendom today are in exactly the same position as the rulers of Israel when the "stone" was laid in miniature; they are as the "drunkards of Ephraim".

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

This one, LouBelle?

For both heaven and earth the final Sunday afternoon was a happy time. Certainly the great King of heaven, Jehovah God, and his reigning Son, Jesus Christ, rejoiced together with the holy angels to have God’s kingdom preached by one mouthpiece to the largest visible audience on one occasion. From heaven they looked down on an audience of more than a quarter of a million persons, 253,922 by count, occupying all seats in the two Assembly stadiums, thousands standing in close formation out on the baseball outfield behind the speakers’ platform in Yankee Stadium, all seats in the overflow tents being occupied, and thousands standing listening on the walks outside the stadiums and tents.

WT, 15 March 1959

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

That could just be it - I remember I had the word mouthpiece highlighted in lumo yellow.

• Fernando
    Fernando

Agree 100% NeonMadman and Loubelle!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit