MY FIRST POST

by dazed but not confused 36 Replies latest jw friends

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Welcome Dazed! And, yes, take it slow and easy on the wife. Face it, you've evidently been 2 years to get this far. Don't handle things in a way that will scare her "IN" even deeper. Help her to see that you are now a better person, better husband, better father even without the WTS.

Your situation is just another example of how the WTS handles members with problems. It gets rid of them. No, not the problem, it gets rid of the people. Boot them out! Can't waste any time (let alone any $$$) worrying about helping out a sinner.

Congrats! and hang in there!

Doc

• smiddy
    smiddy

Welcome dazed

smiddy

• JakeM2012
    JakeM2012

Welcome, I can appreciate the pain you have in the situation. The congregation is not prepared or educated to deal with alcohol abuse. 2 years is great! You should be proud.

I believe the drinking in the org is to quiet down the inner voice telling you that something is wrong with your beliefs. Once you trust yourself and don't look to an org or men for the answer, the drinking subsides. Welcome again.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Welcome!

Now I am starting over not knowing what to believe.

At least now you know not to believe a bunch of janitors in Brooklyn.

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

Congrats! And Welcome!

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Hello and welcome!

Congrats on the new little one and congrats on the 2 year anniversary.

I am so happy you and your wife are supportive of one another... here's hoping there's a lot more of that to come. You definitely have the right idea by taking things slow regarding learning "TTATT".

Love,
    Baba.

edited to add, and highly recommended:

Open Mind's suggestions for awakening your JW spouse:
    http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/183916/1/For-Active-JW-Men-Ideas-on-Awakening-Your-JW-Spouse-Long-post

and if you have not gotten it already, get a copy of
    Steven Hassan's "Combatting Cult Mind Control".

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Welcome to JWN, and congrats on getting out of the cult and staying sober for two years! Hope to hear more of your story, and good luck on getting your wife out too!

• cantleave
    cantleave

Welcome - and great name too - Led Zepp references always appreciated.

• irondork
    irondork

So you went to the elders for help and it was handled "lovingly". Splendid! Ain't spiritual paradise grand?

Lot's of dried up alchies here. I've been dried up for 10 years myself.

Welcome!

• dreamgolfer
    dreamgolfer

Welcome and congrats on saying " taking it slow with your wife" I am doing the same with mine.

are you in AA for support? The peer group of staying sober is great, I am sure your wife is happy you have been drink free - make it happen "one day at time"

Take care and welcome to the REAL WORLD!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit