Keep Asking, Keep Seeking, Keep Knocking...

by AGuest 38 Replies latest jw friends

• AGuest
    AGuest

Good morning Shelby. I'll post a picture of your little girl in a little bit over on Flipper's thread.

Good morning, dear OM... peace to you, and thank you!

Thanks for not engaging in your ministry (at least not to this extent) while at the Apostafest.

Well, it wasn't the place, was it... at least, not unless one is asked. Then... LOLOLOLOL!

It was truly a pleasure to meet you, your hubby and your pups.

Likewise, as to you and your very lovely family, as well!

Peace to you... and may JAH bless you and your household!

Your servant and a slave of Christ,

SA

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

In addition, I know you have heard that God does not wish any to die (forget about that "repentance" part - another topic entirely and not necessarily what most think it is).

Aguest, i was interested in your comment here and wondered if you might explain more.

• AGuest
    AGuest

I will try, dear Ucant (peace to you!). Most people think (because they're taught) that "repentance" is about feeling bad about something you've done, etc. Forexample, from Wikipedia:

"Repentance is the activity of reviewing one's actions and feeling contrition or regret for past wrongs. It generally involves a commitment to personal change and resolving to live a more responsible and humane life. In religious contexts it usually refers to confession to God, ceasing sin against God in order to gain forgiveness or absolution. It typically includes an admission of guilt, a promise or resolve not to repeat the offense; an attempt to make restitution for the wrong, or in some way to reverse the harmful effects of the wrong where possible."

This definition, which is pretty close to what most believe repentance is, is actually much more complicated... and requires much more... than intended by the Most Holy One of Israel, JAH of Armies.

The Most Holy One of Israel knows that we are sinners... and will sin. So ceasing sin against God is virtually impossible. Which is why He provided the blood of His Son: repentance, while perhaps putting one in line to be forgiven does not necessarily result in forgiveness. Only one thing effectuates forgiveness: blood. Unless blood is poured out... there is no forgiveness of sin.

Along with that feeling remorse thing, that's good - one should feel bad about the wrongs one has committed; however, the statement was
    "repent and turn around." Does that mean turn around and "sin no more"? Who of us can "sin no more", really? And if we could, what need to we have of a savior? He that is WITHOUT sin... can save himself, right? By means of his OWN righteousness?

But that is not what my Lord meant... or even said. He said, "YOUR sin... IS no more." Because once he had forgiven someone, their sin was "blotted out" (and he later gave his blood so as to effect that blotting out).

We repent, although feeling bad about something we've done, yes, by:

1. Not trying to hide that bad... from GOD. Which we do by covering it over... in our hearts... as if if we can't see it, neither can He. But nothing could be farther from the truth. (Genesis 3:8-11; John 2:23-25; Acts 5:3, 4). Like Adham, who tried to hide what was in HIM... with some leaves. His body was subsequently given a "long garment [of skin]" to cover his "nakedness"... the uncleanliness of his HEART. That is why my Lord said to cleans the INSIDE of the "cup"... because some ARE like white-washed graves: looking all good on the OUTSIDE, while INSIDE they are full of dead mens' bones.

2. Not trying to hide it from others, particularly from those we shouldn't. Starting with the one we may have wronged (Matthew 5:23, 24)... or others who may be "stumbled" by our wrong. Thus, we openly confess our sins... and not to some man sitting in a little booth or some tribunal in a back room. We don't "hide" what we are... or what's IN us... from others. Because when the Light eventually "goes on"... and he will... everyone's nakedness... that hasn't been "clothed" (Colossians 3:12-14)... will be revealed anyway (Hebrews 3:12-13).

3. Turning back... NOT to a particular way of life, doctrine, religion, etc., but to God... the ultimate Source from which we all came... by turning TO Christ. Why? So that that Light (John 1:3-10; 8:12) can shine upon us... and from that point reveal to US... BEFORE we sin... where we are naked... so as to be able to "clothe" ourselves and cover such over. BY means of his Light, Christ "shines" on us, the man we are on the INSIDE... so that we can "cover" the nakedness/uncleaness of that man. With love, the "perfect bond of union."

Because when we turn to that One... and come into union with him... we have the privilege, the wonderful GIFT... of having access to his BLOOD... to cover those sins which become DO manifest, that DO come out of of. (1 John 2:1, 2)

But the Most Holy One of Israel does not expect us to be perfect, as man tries to teach. He KNOWS what we're made of... and what's IN us. Sin... and those who exist in it... belong to Death/Destruction. Because Adham sold his post-sin progency TO Death/Destruction.

God... simply wants us to return to HIM... is ASKING us to do so... so that we can be SAVED... from Death/Destruction. He gave His Son to effect that saving. By means of that One... his blood... and his LIFE... our sins... can be covered over... so that Death cannot claim us... and we can have [everlasting] life.

I hope this helps, dear one.

Again, peace to you!

Your servant and a slave of Christ,

SA

• thenoblelodge
    thenoblelodge

Hey Shelby, nice to see you posting again.....missed ya.

Love from me and the family, hope you andyours are all well mwahhh. xxx

Peace

• AGuest
    AGuest

I am VERY glad to "see" you, too, dear NobleLodge! The greatest of love and peace to you... and ALL of your dear family, including daughter F and kids!

Your servant, sister, and fellow slave of Christ,

SA

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

Thank you Aguest for your comments. I had a couple of discussions recently regarding being forgiving and salvation and whether it's worth being a Christian.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

I must say in my search, I felt that it was a lost cause - I was hoping for more. I was sorely disappointed.

However since I have just let it be. I am the truth, I am the way. All Jesus did, along with Buddha and Mohammend was show the world that they could do it. That they were master. What they made very clear is that I have to make my own way, my own path. And I have. I know I don't have to appease a wrathful god, I know I don't have to beg and plead to be seen as worthy.

I am!

• wasblind
    wasblind

Hello there LouBelle

Yes you are worthy , I find that " religion " is a means to

manipulate, control and belittle others, makin' them feel unworthy

And in the end, their spirituality is affected, not in a good way either

And many become self righteous , and Judgmental, not acceptin' of others

after leavin' the KH, I just needed to step back from the religion itself

and focus more on my own personal feelin' about God

Jehovah's witnesses think they can judge your spirtuality by meeting attendance and field service reports

• AGuest
    AGuest
    Thank you Aguest for your comments. I had a couple of discussions recently regarding being forgiving and salvation and whether it's worth being a Christian.

You are quite welcome, dear UCNM (peace to you!). May I ask, what did you conclude? Thanks!

I know I don't have to appease a wrathful god, I know I don't have to beg and plead to be seen as worthy. I am!

And "I am" very happy for you, dear LouBelle (the greatest of love and peace to you, dear one!)... that you have found yourself... and your peace!

" religion " is a means to manipulate, control and belittle others, makin' them feel unworthy

Just another form of bullying, eh, dear Wuz, girl (the greatest of love and peace to you, as well!)?

Christ didn't tell us to judge anyone; indeed, he is recorded to have said that we are to STOP judging. And to love... even our enemies. We of his Body try to follow the wisdom in this directives. Do we fail? Of course, we do. As everyone else fails in their attempts at both. Our failure, however, doesn't overshadow our desire to let others know what we have received... and that they can, too... if they WANT to. Religion gives the impression, by its vast numbers, that most, if not all WANT to.

That really isn't the case, though; the truth is that most really don't. Because religion tends to judge such ones, however... and religion is all most know with regard to these matters... some think that all who profess faith in God/Christ... or consider themselves "believers"... so judge them, as well. That, too, is really not the case. I preface my posts like this with a greeting to those whom I'm addressing: "the Household of God, Israel... and those who go with." If one is not of that "House"... then one need not take offense... or any other thing... at the message.

Now, some might take offense that perhaps I don't consider them in that group. I don't only to the extent one has either so stated themselves... or shown (primarily by their words against the God of Israel; His Son, Christ, the Holy Spirit; others of that Body, etc. - although such is not necessarily an indication, as Israel is a hard-headed, hard-hearted, stiff-necked people). Otherwise, though... I truly do not know - I just put it out there, "cast [my] bread upon the waters".

If I were a Jew... and addressed Jews here as my audience, no one would have a problem. If I were an atheist here, and addressed my posts to all atheists, no one would have a problem. If I were a JW... and addressed my comments to the JWs on the board... or a former elder addressing current or former elders... or a mom addressing other moms... or a window washer addressing other window washers... there would be no problem.

This should be the same: consider the audience and if you believe you are a part of that, then the message is for you. If you do not consider yourself a part of the audience addressed, then there is no need to take offense... or feel slighted... or feel "inferior." None of that was intended.

Again, peace to you all!

Servant to the Household of God, Israel, and those who go with... and a slave of Christ,

SA

• Nambo
    Nambo

AGuest and Wasblind, I love your posts.

Heres my guess on why God didnt act as soon as the ransome was paid,

Firstly, does "act" involve killing off all the wicked, leaving the Earth for the Meek to inherit?

Dont ask me why, but I get the impression God doesnt want to kill off anyone, after all, when do you kill a wicked man?, when hes 40?, yet by the time he was 50 something might have moved him to repentance and goodness.

I think God might even leave things as they are, except that, when God does act it will be because he has no choice, it will be when the wicked have such control over the world, when Gods own people are threathened, when the Earth is on the verge of ruin, when "no flesh would be saved unless those days were cut short", then God will act, only when it would be worst if he didnt act, and those days have not yet arrived, but things seem to be shaping up.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit