by exwhyzee 81 Replies latest jw friends

• jam
    jam

I have faith in the human race, because that is all

we have.

• tec
    tec

Ah, I understand what you meant now.

I am not speaking metaphorically, but I am also not speaking about the physical either. I do hear His voice (in words)... but it is an inner voice, not an audible one in my ears. This makes sense, because the spirit is within.

Peace,

tammy

• cofty
    cofty

Exactly - hearing god is a metaphor for how you interpret your inner voice that we all have, even us atheists. It originates in our brains not in a supernatural world.

• tec
    tec

I don't think metaphor is the word you are meaning to use.

I do not say I hear Christ (not god) as a metaphor for my own inner voice. (meaning I think they are the same thing, but I use one to help you understand the other)

I think you think they are the same, and that you believe I mistake my voice for His.

I know my inner voice, Cofty. His voice is not the same as mine. He shares things I do not know, including wisdom and truth that I do not have.

Peace,

tammy

• justmom
    justmom

FAITH is...... believing and trusting completely and unconditionally because you have....

SEEN it

FELT it

HEARD it

TOUCHED it

It is not "Blind" (faith) as some put it.

But it is NOT with the physical that one experiences this "evidence". It is with the spirit that this is "REAL"

(using spirtual eyes/ears/removing the flesh/curtain out of the way)

But is it easy?? of course not or there would be mountains movin left and right......

justmom

• cofty
    cofty

His voice is not the same as mine. He shares things I do not know, including wisdom and truth that I do not have. - Tammy

OK tell us one thing he told you that you could not possibly have kown by physical means.

SEEN it
    FELT it
    HEARD it
    TOUCHED it

Metaphor, metaphor, metaphor and metaphor.

• bigmac
    bigmac

JW faith is firmly based on fear.

dying--and not getting a resurrection

armageddon--& not surviving.

not seeing a dead relative again.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Faith was a girl at school. She was a right bitch but drop dead gorgeous. I wonder what she is up to now?

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

This thread inspires many facepalms.

I find it liberating to be free of the mental prison of "faith", it is now very educational for me to watch those professing faith defending their positions on this board as all it ever does is strengthen my resolve that I am on the right track. LOL

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

cantleave "Faith was a girl at school. She was a right bitch but drop dead gorgeous. I wonder what she is up to now?"

Not all men want to be in Possession of Faith, but this could be an exception!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit