What does faith mean to you?

by exwhyzee 81 Replies latest jw friends

• cofty
    cofty

You cannot meet them in the flesh, but you can hear/know them in spirit.

For the thousandth time what do you mean by "spirit". You have said lots about it but never yet defined it. You have blind faith that some such stuff exists even though you can't define it.

• tec
    tec

Cofty what did you mean by spirit when you believed. Or did you not have an understanding of this?

You have blind faith that some such stuff exists even though you can't define it.

I hear the spirit of Christ...so that negates blind faith. And while I may not be able to define spirit to your satifaction, because you are searching for a physical description of something that is not physical, this does not mean that I cannot understand, and get the sense of this, myself.

Peace,

tammy

• InterestedOne
  • MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Trust in something with no tangible proof to back it up.

• tec
    tec

Thanks, IO, I read them. Faith can be placed in the wrong "thing or person" (same as trust). But the existence of "thing or person" is not in question.

Faith is not a wishy/washy... I think this could be true. Faith is... I know this is true.

This is what I mean.

Peace,

tammy

• InterestedOne
    InterestedOne

tec wrote:

Faith is... I know this is true.

It is not. According to the definitions I listed.

• tec
    tec

IO, your links state faith as being confidence for one... confidence is not a wishy/washy 'i think'. Confidence is being sure.

Peace,

tammy

• InterestedOne
    InterestedOne

Yes, the definition of faith includes confidence. Nowhere in those definitions is the word "know" used.

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

Faith is trust placed in something or someone. Faith can be place in a person, a concept, a piece of rope, or the brakes on your car.

The mind doesn’t distinguish between real people and things and imaginary people and things.

This is both the most wonderful thing about the human mind and also the most tragic.

Doubt a person’s faith and you are questioning their judgement, intelligence and sanity. Best tread carefully on matters of faith!

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle

faith is belief in something that is not supported by facts.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit